Staff that #gobeyond
Dear Teacher, Part 1
Rocky Balboa said it best....
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Kids live in a world where their life is exactly what Rocky talks about. There isn't any sunshine and rainbows for them, and the only safe place for them is here at school. The harsh reality is the world does beat them to their knees and many end up staying there.
Which leads me to my point. Focus on what works for each kid. We all tend to focus on things that work well for us. Things that make life easier for us. Things that in reality end up as what is best for us. Largely focused on how we operate based on our own "life' experiences and expectations. We tend to have a preconceived view of what school looks like and what a student should act like. We have tough kids, that live in a world that we will never fully understand. They all have individual needs that probably and most often don't fit the mold we call our classroom.
So this is Part 1 of a 3 focus on what our kids need here at AE. I know and hope that we will continue our trend of doing what is best for kids. I see all kinds of great things happening our kids are lucky to have such caring people in their lives. #gobeyond
If you didn't see the Young Americans concert you missed one of the coolest things to hit our community since Subway arrived in town. We had 2 kids that are 4th graders that really shined at the event. 2 kids that I knew really early on in the year. I'll use you inferencing skills as to how and why :) They did great as well as all of the kids involved. Each kid has a talent, and potential to find something they love. We had several kids really find a passion this past weekend.
September 29th CNHS Day of Caring
- Septmber 22 K-2 R.O.A.R Program in the cafeteria/K-2 Collaboration time
- September 27 Drone demo Kdg, 1st & 2nd - 1:45
- September 27 Drone demo 3rd, 4th & 5th - 2:30
- September 28 - October 3 E-learning Window for PT/Conference Day
- September 29 3-5 R.O.A.R Program in the cafeteria/3-5 Collaboration time
- September 29 Seesaw Training in Mrs. Yates room, How to get Families Connected
- September 29 CNHS Day of Caring They will be spreading mulch on the playground
- October 2 - Picture day
- October 4 Donut Pickup At Albion Elem
- October 4 National Taco Day Fun! Dragons Love Tacos Day
- October 4 Albion Elementary Family Day at Roberton's Farm 4PM-8PM
- October 9 Fire Prevention Day - Kdg 8:45, 2nd 9:50, 4th 10:55
- October 12 - End of grading period
- October 12- October 17 E-learning Window for The Closing on Sept 14
- October 17 - Send home report cards
- October 30 Section 125 for all staff