Hamlets of the Lost Isles
Maple Grove, Woodlands, and Santa Cruz
Maple Grove was a hamlet settled in 1784 by Jeremiah French. He had previously been in the Queens Royal Regiment. It was a small town with a couple stores. There was Robertson Carriage House, Ernie's Hotel, a gas station, and Farrand Gillie's Hi-Way Camp.
Woodlands was also settled in 1784 by most likely German speakers. There was a couple stores that included a few general stores a post office, farms and some lumber men. It's population was 70!!
Santa Cruz was a nice small hamlet that was settled in the early 1800s. There was a couple stores but not many. Its name means Holy Cross in Portuguese.