Obama on Israel
Rumors Shmoomers, the man's a mensch.
Top 5 Reasons Obama is Good for Israel
1. Ehud Barak and Shimon Peres Agree: "Obama is the Best President for Israel Ever."
2. "The Bonds Between the United States and Israel are Unbreakable."-President Barack Obama
3. When Israel’s embassy in Cairo was attacked by protestors last year, President Obama intervened to protect the Israelis.
Prime Minister Netanyahu said:
“I would like to express my gratitude to the President of the United States, Barack Obama. I asked for his help. This was a decisive and fateful moment. He said, ‘I will do everything I can.’ And so he did. He used every considerable means and influence of the United States to help us. We owe him a special measure of gratitude. This attests to the strong alliance between Israel and the United States.” Prime Minister Netanyahu, 9/10/11
4. President Obama requested $3.1 billion in security assistance for Israel in FY2013, including $70 million for the Iron Dome missile defense system.
"Yet another expression of consistent support by the Obama administration."- Defense Minister Ehud Barak
5. President Obama gained the support of Russia, China and other nations to pass United Nations Security Council Resolution 1929...
...imposing the most comprehensive and crippling sanctions the Iranian government has ever faced.
Additionally, President Obama worked with Congress to pass the Comprehensive Iran Sanctions, Accountability, and Divestment Act, which strengthens existing U.S. sanctions and has made it harder for the Iranian government to buy refined petroleum and other goods it needs to modernize its oil and gas sector. [Associated Press, 6/24/10]
The sanctions are working. Because of sanctions secured by the Obama administration, Iran’s currency has lost over half its value in the past year. Even President Ahmadinejad has been forced to admit the serious impact the sanctions are having on the Iranian economy. [The New York Times, 6/20/12][Washington Post, 11/1/11]