Your Weekly Update from Memorial Elementary School
Dear Memorial Families and Caregivers:
December is always an exciting time for our students! We are so grateful to live and work in such a remarkably supportive community, and we are thankful that our students and staff remain healthy and happy. As the winter holidays approach, it is a perfect time to teach our children about being helpful, grateful, generous and kind.
At Memorial, we believe in the importance of family traditions and holidays and sharing them with one another. We welcome our families to teach us about their heritages, thus strengthening the connection between home and school. I am very proud of the strong emphasis we place on relationships and caring in our school. Our compassion and support of one another gives us much hope for reaching our goal to enable all learners to succeed and contribute their full potential to the the future.
Our ability to look after one another, come together, and move forward, make me proud to serve as your Principal. Please know that my door continues to be open for any concerns, feedback or just a friendly conversation. Thanks for your continued support.
POINT OF PRIDE
Things You Need to Know
1. The cold winter weather is right around the corner. Please make sure your children are dressed appropriately for these cold days. In addition, remind your children to check the lost and found if they have left something behind.
2. SPARK KINDNESS: Mental Wellness During Stressful Times: Your Questions Answered!
Thursday, December 8 at 7pm via Zoom — For parents, caregivers, educators, and community members of all ages
SPARK Kindness has assembled a team of experts to help you survive and thrive during the hectic end of year season. Author and expert Ned Johnson, Licensed Mental Health Counselor Janine Halloran, and SPARK founder Christine Guthery will offer practical strategies to support you and your loved ones. Everyone is welcome!
ASL Interpretation will be provided at this event. Please visit www.SPARKKindness.org to register for this or any of our FREE programs, discover additional resources, and get information about how to get involved with SPARK!
3. Picture Retake Day: December 7th
4. Early Release Day: December 14th all students will be dismissed at 12:40pm for a Professional Development day.
5. Please enjoy my weekend vibe: I've Got Plenty To Be Thankful For (Bing Crosby)
The Memorial PTO is a parent and teacher run, non-profit organization committed to enhancing and enriching the education of our students and fostering a sense of community within our school. The PTO provides assistance to teachers within the classroom settings, raises funds for educational materials and experiences, advocates school and family social interaction, and provides an unbiased forum for sharing information on issues that impact our students. We believe in cultivating a positive learning environment to allow for students to achieve their highest potential. Please become an active participant in the PTO. Below is the link to their website:
or email them at:
- Title I: Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990Title II
- Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990Title VI
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964Title IX
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
- MGL, Ch.76, Section 5: Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 76, Section 5