San Marcos Elementary
"A life spent making mistakes is not only most honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing" - George Bernard Shaw "It is well to cultivate a friendly feeling towards error, to treat it as a companion inseparable from our lives, as something having a purpose which it truly has." - Maria Montessori
Weeks of Feb. 9th and 17th
3:10 SSA Meeting
8:00 Read Across America Meeting
Stephanie to DO- AM
2:30 SME Staff Meeting
2nd & 3rd Math TOSA Day-Room 209
Pink and Red Spirit Day
No SCHOOL- President's Day
9:00 Intervention Aide Interviews @ SME
5th Grade TODAY Screening
CNS Audit Day
5:00 Family Portraits- Passport completed
8:45 Upper Flag Salute
- Thank you to all who participated in our Learning Walks this past week. It was fun to hear the wonderful sharing, conversations and enthusiasm it created! We hope to continue this type of culture of learning and sharing.
From our Boys and Girls Club-Dear SME Staff & Faculty,
Please help us on our annual Boys & Girls Club giving campaign. The SME Boys & Girls Club is attempting to raise $1,500 dollars for out campaign . With your help we can reach our goal quicker! B&G Club staff have donated $530 towards the cause. Every dollar counts! Give To Great Futures
We have our TK students taking ownership of their learning! They are now writers! So many kids are not choosing to write during their center time, using clues from around the room to write complete sentences! YEAH for TK, thanks Shannon and Karen!
Heard from 4th grade that students are now beginning to understand how to close read. They are finding that kids are reading more complex text and comprehending it. Over time it will get easier and easier...slow and steady wins the race.
BTSA observers were VERY impressed with what they saw at our school this past week. Thank you for opening up your rooms to them, our new teachers are so grateful!
- It is always a little confusing about what to call in if you need to take a day off. Here is the explanation from the SMEA/SMUSD Contract. Many times when making doctor's appointments it is necessary to leave before contract time. We have no problem with this and understand when this happens. Just make sure to let Rolayne or I know you are leaving earlier than 3:45. We ask this in the event that we need to find you after school for any reason. Thanks!
A maximum of seven (7) days during each school year of personal necessity leave may be utilized for circumstances that are serious in nature, which cannot be expected to be disregarded, which necessitate immediate attention and cannot be dealt with during off-duty hours. 2. The unit member shall not be required to secure advance permission for leave taken for any of the following reasons: a. Death or serious illness of a member of the unit member’s immediate family. b. Accident, involving the unit member’s personal property, or the person or property of a member of the unit member’s immediate family.
Every unit member shall be entitled to use four (4) days of annual personal necessity leave allotment during each school year for personal reasons. This leave provision is not cumulative. 1. Personal leave may be used for any purpose, which the unit member deems sufficiently important. 2. A unit member shall notify the unit member’s Principal at least four (4) days in advance of taking such leave, and shall be approved subject only to the availability of a substitute. The unit member shall be notified of such availability within two (2) days of the original notification to the unit member’s Principal.
- We are pleased to announce the March 23, 2015 date for the 5th San Diego County Google Summit. The San Diego County Google Summit will be held at NCREC this year from 8:00 am to 12:30 pm. We will be tweeting the sessions using #sdgafesummit. Please email Adina Sullivan if you are interested.
- Are you interested in getting your class signed up for a science fair? Here is great link to help out. http://calsciencefair.com/
- If you have decided to continue After School Learning, please drop an email to Rosie and Lupe so they know students are staying in classrooms in case parents call.
- ST Math users- it will be available for students to use till the end of the year.