Baldwin Elementary School
From the Principal
Warm Greetings to our Baldwin Families,
The spread of COVID-19 is a concern for everyone in the country and around the world. During these times, Gwinnett County Public Schools will continue to ensure local schools have the most accurate information from The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Georgia Department of Public Health, the Gwinnett County Health Department, and the Georgia Department of Education.
As we prepare for Week 2 of Digital Learning, we want ensure we are doing everything possible to support our students and families. Teachers are hard at work planning and facilitating digital learning. Daily assignments and discussions post to eCLASS daily by 9:00am. Some teachers may facilitate live lessons via Google Classroom, Google Meets, ZOOM, etc. Regardless of the digital platform, you can rest assured that the high quality of work provided by our Baldwin teachers will continue.
During Week 2 of Digital Learning, we will continue to provide lunch for anyone 18 years of age or younger between the hours of 11:00am and 1:00pm and at the bus stops between the hours of 11:00am and 12:00pm. Lunches are provided at no cost to the individual through the federal School Nutrition Program; however, the child must be present to receive the meal. The child does not have to be a student at the school site to receive a meal.
Throughout this newsletter, you will find information to support our families at home. Updates include the latest information about COVID-19 as well as outside resources available to support digital learning from home. As always, if you have any questions, please contact me, or any member of our team.
We will get through this…stronger…together. We are Baldwin. We are #NorcrossStrong!
- Dr. Brenda F. Johnson, Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yasaman Dehnavi, AP (Gr. K, 5, and Special Ed.) email@example.com
- Jessica Jeter, AP (4th Grade and Assessment) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sharmeen Moye, AP (Gr. 1, 2 and Humanities) email@example.com
- Vanessa Wilfong, AP (Gr. 3, DLI, and ESL) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paige Price, Counselor (Gr. K, 3, and 5) email@example.com
- Amie Ross, Counselor (Gr. 1, 2, and 4) firstname.lastname@example.org
Please tell your child, Dr. Johnson said “GOOD MORNNNINGGGGGG”! I miss them terribly and hope to see all of them soon.
Dr. Brenda F. Johnson
Spring Break is March 30th - April 6th! While travel may be limited, CREATIVITY is unlimited. Be sure to unplug and spend time connecting with your family for Spring Break. I found an article from Travel USNews with some fun things you can do with your family at low cost and low risk.
Students should take this time to recharge and get active!!!
This site is available in English, Spanish, and Chinese. Just click the button and it will take you to the website.
Georgia Reading - Free Resource
Great news! Get Georgia Reading is now offering FREE access to myON Digital Library! Students and their families have access to more than 6,400 online books and age-appropriate news articles! Kids can search more than 50 different categories and genres, fiction and non-fiction, picture books, graphic novels, chapter books, titles for struggling and reluctant readers, and Spanish and bilingual titles. During our Digital Learning Days, we hope that every student gets to maximize his or her reading time! Signing up is easy.
2. School Name: Get Georgia Reading
3. Username: gwinnettcounty
4. Password: read
Explore thousands of books!
Check out the titles recommended by the GCPS Language Arts department!
- Kindergarten (Level D): Max Goes to School by Adria F. Klein; and Night and Day by Sian Smith
- 1st Grade (Level I): The Country Mouse and City Mouse by Eric Blair; and The Bottlenose Dolphins by Jody Sullivan Rake
- 2nd Grade (level M): Up, Up In the Air by Molly Blaisdel; and A Jaguar Grows Up by Amanda Doering Tourville
- 3rd Grade (Level P): Sounds Like Trouble by Stacia Deutsch; and The U.S. Constitution by Norman Pearl
- 4th Grade (Level S): A Star is Born by Sable Hamilton; and Booker T. Washington: Great American Educator by Eric Braun
- 5th Grade (Level V): Valor and Victory by Brandon Terrell; and Exciting Engineering Activities by Angie Smibert
Additional Free and Affordable Resources
In response to the coronavirus pandemic and its impact on society, multiple Internet Service Providers (ISPs) have made updates to their low-cost internet service programs to ensure individuals and families stay connected to the internet during this challenging time.
See attachment below for additional sources