November 10, 2019
Quote of the Week
"It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well."
We are tasked with teaching our students new skills, new information, and to have a growth mindset. We are also tasked with teaching them to use their gifts, new skills, and new minds in a positive way. Thank you for not only teaching our students, but showing them the way. We appreciate all that you do on a daily basis to make the positive impact on your students lives. You all are the best! Hang in there, two and half more weeks until Thanksgiving break. Enjoy and spread joy in the week ahead!
Peter, Sarah, and Aaryn
- Shoutouts: To Mr. McCurley for a great job for preparing and conducting the 1st and 4th grade music programs on Thursday night! The students did a wonderful job. Thank you also to the 1st, 4th, and Related Arts teachers for your flexibility and assistance. To Heather Wolf for the birth of her grandson, Woodson James Wolf!
- Wednesday: We have PD sessions this week with K/1st - math, 2nd/3rd - STEAM, and 4th/5th - ELA.
- Teacher Supply Funds: These must be spent and forms turned in to Mrs. Johnson by Monday, November 18.
- Elementary Staff Preference Form: A memo providing information about the placement process and a link where you can list your three preferences was sent out on Thursday. Please remember that your form should be submitted by Friday, November 22.
Ashlee Threat, 11/10
Angie Kendall, 11/16
- November 11-15: School Psychologist Week
- Monday, 11/11: ELA PLC's; Peter at DO 10:30-1:30
- Tuesday, 11/12: Fall Picture Make-Ups (on the stage); Peter and Sarah at the DO
- Wednesday, 11/13: 1st grade field trip; PD Sessions at 2:50; Peter at District Training 8-11:30
- Thursday, 11/14: Math PLC's; Peter on a school visit
- Friday, 11/15: Aaryn at DO for Bookkeeper Interviews
- Tuesday, 11/19: Leadership Team Meeting at 2:50
- Wednesday, 11/20: Vertical Team Meetings at 2:50