Welcome to the DUNLAP GRADE SCHOOL’S Weekly Newsletter
on the docket this coming week
Spring Break will be Friday, March 25th- Friday, April 1st. School will resume Monday, April 4th.
Monday, April 4, 2016
- Lunch: Chicken Patty
- Lunch: Nachos Grande
- Kindergarten Registration Packets will be available on the website
- Running Club. Pick Up at 3:45pm
- DGS Open House for New Families 6pm
- Parent's Club Meeting 7pm
- Lunch: Cheese Omelet
- PLCS: 2:15pm Dismissal
- Mrs. Norman's Birthday
- Shelter in Place Drill
- Lunch: Under the Sea Fish Nuggets
- Running Club. Pick Up at 3:45pm
- Lunch: Bosco Sticks
- Explore More Session Brochures Go Home with Students
- Spirit/Popcorn Day! Wear Blue and Gold!
- 4th Grade Field Trip to HULT
Photo of the Week
Dunlap Grade School PARCC Testing Schedule 2015-2016
In April, our third-fifth grade students will be taking the PARCC assessment. PARCC is an acronym for Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers and is based on assessing a student’s knowledge and understanding of the Common Core State Standards. The assessment will measure a student’s “readiness” for college and careers in both literacy and math.
Please note the PARCC assessment dates below and make every effort to get your student to school on these days. Regarding scheduling, students who receive special education services may be assessed on a different schedule that provides them access to individual accommodations as written in an IEP.
Student attendance on testing days is extremely important. Students must arrive on time for school. The first session begins at 8:30 a.m. Students arriving late are not allowed to enter the testing room after the start of testing. Please avoid scheduling appointments on testing days as there is limited time for makeup testing.
Erin's Law Sexual Abuse Awareness Lessons
Please note that in Dunlap Grade School starting on April 4th, 2016 we will begin our Personal Body Safety lessons in response to the “Erin’s Law” Mandates (please see below). If you wish to review the content for the lessons, please access-- Dunlap Atlas:
Choose the course (ie: Guidance 1 for 1st grade) and you will find the Erin’s Law in the list of units. Click on the unit to find information about the standards, essential questions, content and skills for that unit.
If you prefer your student not participate in this lesson, please contact your building administrator by March 25th, 2016 to obtain and sign the form to opt out.
If you chose to opt out your child last year, you will need to fill out a new form this year.
On January 24, 2013, Gov. Pat Quinn signed a new law extending sexual abuse education in Illinois schools. The Illinois law went into effect immediately and schools have to implement Erin’s Law starting the 2013-14 school year. Erin’s Law requires all schools to provide child sexual abuse prevention education for all students, K-12, yearly. The law also requires educators to take part in training classes that cover sexual abuse and how to recognize warning signs.
Dunlap Community Unit School District #323 will hold Kindergarten Registration for the 2016-17 school year on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.
Kindergarten registration will take place at the home school in which the student resides. Children must be five (5) years old on or before September 1, 2016.
The following information will be needed at registration:
- Registration Fees (cash or check made payable to Dunlap School District)
- Child’s certified birth certificate/passport
- Proof of Residency. For more information on requirements, click here
- Health Information (Physical with current immunization record, dental exam, and vision exam are due on or before the first day of school)
- Illinois dental exam must be dated after 11/15/15
- Illinois physical (with lead screening) and eye exams must be dated after 8/17/15
- Immunizations required:
- 4 DTaP shots (Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis)
- 3 Polio shots
- 2 MMR shots (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) or proof of immunity
- 2 Varicella shots (Chicken Pox) or proof of immunity
The potential exists that kindergarten students and students new to the district may need to be moved to another Dunlap school if enrollment figures are high. You will be notified on or before August 9th if your child will not be attending his/her home school.