The Music Minute
2021-2022 McCullough JH Orchestra Newsletter
Good luck to all students auditioning for Region!
Date: Friday, October 15th
Time: The Hauntcert starts at 6:30PM. However, all orchestras will have different call times. Please see each orchestra’s Hauntcert information below.
Location: The Bock Auditorium at McCullough JH
Attire: You may wear a Halloween costume as long as it follows the school dress code AND does not prevent you from playing with proper technique/posture.
Students who do not want to wear a Halloween costume will wear their concert black with this year's Orchestra T-Shirt.
- Student Pre-Orders will arrive about 5PM.
- Chick-Fil-A will arrive at McCullough JH around 5:30PM to sell to family & the students who did not pre-order.
- The Pre-Order form is below (Chick-Fil-A Logo). All pre-orders are due by 6PM Wednesday 10/13.
All classes will be on stage Tuesday, October 12th Thursday, October 14th and Friday, October 15th.
Region Cuts Have Already Been Decided
Use this link to find the cuts for your Region Etudes.
These will also be posted in the orchestra room.
Please check the list below. Make sure your name is on it and that your information is correct. Let me know ASAP if changes need to be made.
Please bring your $20 to Mrs. Odeh ASAP if you ordered a Black Dress Shirt!
- Boys can order their black dress shirt using the button below.
- Shirts cost $20 and can be paid with cash or check.
- Checks should be payable to McC Orchestra.
Please send payments in a sealed envelope with student’s first & last name, and include their orchestra.
Formal Concert Attire
- Black Button-Down Dress Shirt (Boys will have the opportunity to order their black dress shirt through the McC Orchestra program at a cost of $20).
- Black Dress Belt
- Black Dress Pants - No Jeans or Casual Pants
- Black Dress Shoes - No color should show except for black. No Sneakers, Athletic shoes, or Casual shoes.
- Black Full-Length Dress Socks - Should be ALL black with no other color showing and must fit over the calf (no ankle length socks).
Girls Concert Attire
- Black Concert Dress - Will be provided for the year. Girls must have the dressed dry cleaned and returned at the end of the Spring Semester.
- Black Dress shoes - No color should show except for black. No Sneakers, Athletic shoes, or Casual shoes. Black Flats are preferred.
- Black foot covering - these can be black dress socks or black hose.
All Jewelry must be minimal.
- Stud earrings only
- Necklace with a small pendant is acceptable
- No watches or bracelets
- Pay the orchestra activity fee
- Update your student’s information
- Information Needed: Primary Orchestra class, Primary Instrument, Birthday, T-Shirt size, and Parent Contact/email/phone.
How to log in to CHARMS
- Go to www.charmsoffice.com
- Make sure you are under the Parents/Students/Members tab.
- Enter the case sensitive school code: McCJHOrch
- The Student Area Password is your student’s student ID, unless you have previously changed your password.
How to pay the Activity Fee
- Log In to CHARMS
- Go to Finances (wallet icon).
- Enable “Affinipay” under the Paid By column.
- Click the “Pay Fixed Payments” button.
*Please do not make payments by using the miscellaneous payment button.
School Cash Online
- All students who play a school instrument (Cello, Bass, or Piano) must pay the $77 Maintenance Fee through School Cash Online.
- Spring Trip will be paid through School Cash Online. You will be notified as soon as that is available.
- “Plans for the Week” are due by your first class each week. (Monday or Tuesday depending on the week)
- “Practice Results” are due each Saturday by 11:59PM.
- Students needing help or a place to record may come in during any free practice session.
Supplies can be found at the following places.
2021-2022 Tentative Dates
2021-2022 Locker Sign
2021-2022 Yard Sign
Yard Signs can be bought through School Cash Online. Sale runs from 8/17/2021 to 9/2/2021!
2021-2022 Orchestra T-Shirt