NEW ZION YOUTH CHOIR NOTES
NOVEMBER 7, 2013
Hope everyone is having a great week and enjoying a little change in the weather. Note that New Zion sings in worship on November 17th at the 11:00 service. That is next week. We will work on our songs for worship Sunday afternoon and continue our work on Christmas Music.
You have a unique opportunity on Friday, November 8th. We are having a Drum Circle night in the CLC from 6:30-7:30. An experience for all ages. Hope you will join us!
We look forward to seeing everyone on Sunday afternoon!!!
Nona and Ruth Ann
Celebrations and Concerns
- Jack Ross participated in the Forensics Tournament last weekend and made the Final.
- Mary Mathews was accepted and going to Texas Tech next year.
- MacKenzie Darilek made the Region Choir
- Our November birthdays. Please see below for their picture and parents names.
- Faithful parents and youth!!!
- Ruth Ann and Roger are expecting a grandchild in April.
Concerns & Requests
- Dinah S. aunt in hospice
- Nona - healing from shoulder surgery.
- Prayers for the Kelly family in the loss of their 7th grade son Reid.
- Prayers for the AHISD Community and specifically the Junior School students in the loss of Reid Kelly.
- Our Seniors (Shelby, Mary, Callie, McKenna, Rachel) as they begin the college process.
- Teachers, counselors and administrators
- Those who are having a rough time finding where they "fit"
- Those struggling with health concerns
What are you listening for?
Once two friends were walking down the sidewalk of a busy city street during rush hour. There was all sorts of noise in the city; car horns honking, feet shuffling, people talking! And amid all this noise, one of the friends turned to the other and aid, “I hear a cricket.”
“No way,” her friend responded. “How could you possibly hear a cricket with all of this noise? You must be imagining it. Besides, I’ve never see a cricket in the city.”
“No, really, I do hear a cricket. I’ll show you.” She stopped for a moment, then led her friend across the street to a big planter with a tree in it. Pushing back some leaves she ground a little brown cricket.
“That’s amazing!” said her friend. “You must have super-human hearing. What’ your secret?”
“No, my hearing is just the same as yours. There’s no secret,” the first woman replied. “Watch, I’ll show you.”
She reached into her pocket, pulled out some loose change, and threw it on the sidewalk. Amid all the noise of the city, everyone within thirty feet turned their head to see where the sound of money was coming from.
“See,” she said. “It’s all a matter of what you are listening for.”
*from Doorways to the Soul: 52 Wisdom Tales from Around the World by Elisa Davy Pearmain
watch for updates
Sunday, November 17th - Sing at the 11:00 Service / NZ Rehearsal 3:20-4:30
Sunday, November 24th - New Zion 3:20-4:30
Tuesday, November 26th - Frank Garrett Community Thanksgiving Dinner 10-1 (approximate time) - this is a service project we have participated in the past several years. Anyone in your family is invited to come along.
Sunday, December 1st - New Zion 3:20-4:30
Sunday, December 8th - New Zion 3:20-4:30
Saturday, December 14th - Rehearsal with Orchestra
Sunday, December 15th - Sing at 9:30 & 11:00 Worship with Orchestra and Choirs
Sunday, December 22nd - Christmas Eve Rehearsal 3:20
Tuesday, December 24th - Sing at the 9:00pm Christmas Eve Service
New Zion Youth Choir
This open and welcoming group is for anyone that would like to participate. One does not have to be a member of AHUMC to come and be a part.
For more information contact Nona Schwab.