October 27, 2023
Message from the Principal
As you know, early voting began this week. We are encouraging all members of our community to BE VOTERS and let their voices be heard. Four propositions for Conroe ISD’s Bond 2023 are on the November 7th ballot. If you have not had the opportunity to learn about Bond 2023, you can watch a presentation from Dr. Null and view details about each proposition at https://www.conroeisd.net/bond/For anyone unable to vote during the week, early voting locations are also open on Saturday, October 28, from 8-5.
We hope you have a wonderful weekend.
#See the Good in All Things
The Conroe ISD Board of Trustees unanimously voted to put four propositions on the November 7th ballot for a bond referendum. If voters approve Prop A and any combination of Props B, C, and/or D on November 7, there is a 2-cent anticipated tax rate increase to Conroe ISD residents in 2024-2025. Leading up to Election Day, you will continue to receive factual information about the upcoming bond. To learn more about Bond 2023, please visit www.conroeisd.net/bond or follow us on social media.
Skating Fundraiser Sign up
The skating unit is quickly approaching in PE! Volunteers are needed to help children locate their pre-ordered skate size, "gear up" for safety, and overcome frustrations while developing tenacity. Ms. Hodge and Mr. Hernandez will teach all the students. Volunteers will help reinforce the skills and support students one-on-one.
Please sign up to enjoy supporting students as they learn skating skills in PE!
Automated Library Notifications
Gifted and Talented Testing
Please see below for all the PTO information
Support our College Park High School Cheerleaders
Due to limited seating in the cafeteria, we are offering two options for lunch signups. You will have the opportunity to sign up to eat in the cafeteria with your child or outside in our gazebo/picnic table area. You will not be able to change locations after signup is complete. If you sign up to eat outside and it rains, you will be unable to move into the building due to limited seating. You may sign up for another day/time.
Each slot is available for two adults and the child you are eating lunch with..
Please see the schedule below for designated grade level lunch visitor’s days. Make sure that you sign up under the correct time slot for your child’s lunchtime. Each student may have two visitors every 3-4 weeks.This ensures every parent has an opportunity to sign up. Remember to bring a valid id when you visit the building.
Due to limited seating in the cafeteria, we are asking all parents with small children to eat outside in the gazebo area.
Kindergarten/Second Grade 11:45-12:15
First Grade 12:15-1245
Third/Fourth Grade 12:30-1:00
Monday: Kinder, 1st, 2nd
Tuesday: ECSE, PreK, 3rd, 4th
Wednesday: Kinder, 1st, 2nd
Thursday: ECSE, PreK, 3rd, 4th
Friday: Any Grade Level
What Can Families Do to Improve Attendance?
Attending school regularly helps children feel better about school—and themselves. Start building this habit in preschool so they learn right away that going to school on time, every day is important. Good attendance will help children do well in high school, college and at work.
What you can do:
- Avoid scheduling vacations when school is in session. They are considered unexcused absences.
- Build regular routines for bedtime and the morning
- Lay out clothes and pack backpacks the night before
- Talk about the importance of regular attendance and about how your child feels about school
- Don’t permit missing school unless your child is truly sick. Use a thermometer to check for a fever. Remember that stomach aches and headaches may be signs of anxiety.
- If your child seems anxious about going to school, talk to teachers, school counselors, or other parents for advice on how to help your child feel comfortable and excited about learning.
- Avoid medical appointments when school is in session.
- Keep a chart recording your child’s attendance at home. At the end of the week, talk with your child about what you see.
- Develop back up plans for getting to school if something comes up. Ask a family member, neighbor or another parent for help.
- Seek support from school staff or community groups to help with transportation, health problems, or no safe path to school.
Sally K. Ride House System
Special Education Parent Resource Newsletter
Our Special Education Parent Resource Center has a Back to School Newsletter linked below which could be very helpful for the upcoming year!
Ride Grade Level Newsletters
2023-2024 School Calendar
Volunteer at Ride or any CISD School
We value the contributions you make to Ride to support our outstanding students, teachers, and programs. It is our goal to provide a safe environment for our students and visitors. If you are interested in volunteering, please complete the Volunteer Application. This includes working in the classroom, reading to students, working in the library, etc..
Stay in touch with CISD by downloading our new mobile app!
Download the app on your mobile device today and select ‘yes’ to receive push notifications with the latest news and updates from the District.
- Push Notifications - Select ‘yes’ when you download the app to receive the latest push notifications from the District.
- Calendar Events - Add events to the calendar on your personal mobile device directly from the calendar section on the app.
- News - Check out the latest District-wide and school news all in one place!
Parent Access Login
By logging into Parent Access, you can check your child's grades, assignments, and attendance.
To access your child’s information online you must register for an account.
Please go to the following link and follow the directions below:
Click the “Student/Parent” tab
Click on “Parent Access Center”
All SMS messages received from the Conroe ISD District Office and your child's campus will begin with "Conroe ISD:" and come from the subscribe code 67587. If you have not yet opted-in to receive SMS messages, you can do so at any time throughout the school year by texting "Y" to 67587.