The Legacy Times
Vol. I - June & July 2017
Legacy Line Backers Booster Club
WELCOME to the LEGACY FAMILY!
This E-news is a concise way to share all events and celebrations, but will not overload your email inbox. Therefore, we will place most news in the monthly Legacy Times E-news.
On occasion, you may receive an email from the following board members:
- 2nd VP for all fundraising events - Keri Goins
- 1st VP for all social events - Christie Halverson
- President - Mona Savage
Booster Name Origin:
- The Booster Club name affectionately originated as a play on words based on the football position line-backer. Thus, resulting in the name The LEGACY LINE BACKERS.
Booster Club Mission Statement:
- Support and champion the Legacy Line program at Wakeland High School.
- We invite you to join a social or fundraiser committee to become an active Line Backer member. More information will be shared during our first booster meeting in August. We look forward to seeing you at all 4 Booster Club Meetings held during the year.
Click HERE for the Booster Calendar 17-18.
- Communication lines will always be open. Please send any inquiries using the following pathway if/when questions arise during the year, so we can best serve all members: committee member - committee chair - board member - director
We look forward to serving WHS Legacies and Mrs. Grubb!
Top L-R: President: Mona Savage (Sergeant, Sarah); 1st VP: Christie Halverson (Legacy, Hannah); 2nd VP: Keri Goins (Legacy, Hollie)
Bottom L-R: Secretary: Lisa McManus (Legacy, Ella); Treasurer: Kim Meissner (Sergeant, Alyssa); Past Board Member: Cheryl Doerr (Head Manager, Matthew)
Summer Social: Annual Legacy Line Luau
1st VP: Christie Halverson
Aloha to some Q&A:
What is the Luau and why do we have it?
- The Luau is the Legacy Line Induction Ceremony, along with the reveal of all squads
When will it happen?
- June 12 @ 5:30 (formal invite sent home with Legacies with all details)
What to Wear:
- Casual Summer Attire - Hawaiian Style!
What to Bring?
- Families are encouraged to sign up for 2 items on the Sign Up Genius
Please Click on this LINK to Sign UP!
Who attends the Luau?
- A Legacy and her entire family are welcomed to the Luau
Helping with a Fundraiser: Car Wash!
2nd VP: Keri Goins
All details were sent in an email from Mrs. Grubb on Wednesday, May 31.
Mrs. Grubb provided each Legacy Line member 6 Car Wash Coupons to sell. We hope your Legacy sells each Car Wash Coupon to family members and/or friends who would like to support the Legacy Line program/department at Wakeland.
Please click HERE to SIGN UP YOUR LEGACY for a WORK SHIFT and SUPPLIES.
Secretary: Lisa McManus
Having all Legacy Line Backer Booster members complete this form will allow the team directory to be created for the coming year. We appreciate it!
Please click on this link - TEAM DIRECTORY FORM
The Next Steps...
Summer Camps/Practices Over the Summer Months!
June 13-14 (9am-12pm @ Aux Gym WHS): Hip Hop Competition Practice
July: VACATION month..rest..rest..rest
August 2 (1-3;30pm @ Aux Gym WHS): Kit Camp Practice
August 4 (@8:30am in WHS Gym): Legacy Kit Camp Performance
August 4-6 (@DFW Hilton Lakes): Legacy Line Camp
August 8-11 (8am-4pm @ Aux Gym WHS): Boot Camp
August 15-17 (3-5:30pm @ Aux Gym WHS): Boot Camp
Don't hesitate to CONTACT us and please CONNECT with us too!
Visit the Wakeland Legacy Line Website: whslegacyline.com/
Stay connected by following our Legacies:
Facebook @Wakeland High School Legacy Line Drill Team
Youtube Channel: WHS Legacy Line YouTube