From Your Principal

February 10, 2020

Robotics Club

Stott Robotics club took part in their very first competition, on Feb. 1, 2020. Six teams from Stott participated in the competition and all six teams did very well. One team, "Brains on Wheels" took 2nd place and will be competing in the regional tournament.

A huge thank you to Mrs. Watkins, Mrs. Oswald, Mrs. Hyland, Ms. Morrison and Mr. Angcay for supporting and coaching this club. It's amazing to see students in their element.

Big picture
Big picture


Science Tellers

A huge thank you to Stott PTSA for funding a whole school STEM assembly. We welcomed "Science Tellers" to Stott to tell the story of aliens escaping from Earth. The storyteller used science in order to create special effects. The students loved it!


Stott Health Room

The health room is still in need of clothing donations. Specifically boy pants and shirts for Kindergarten to fifth grade. We could use girl pants and shirts from first grade to fifth grade.

The health room tries it’s best to support students in regular school attendance being important for a student’s academic success by only sending students home when they are too sick to be at school. Health room and school staff follows district policy when making decisions on when to send a student home sick. Please review Guidelines for Illness at School and How Sick is Too Sick? to help answer questions on these rules from Jeffco Public Schools and the Colorado

Department of Public Health & Environment.

Guideline for Illness at School

How Sick is Too Sick?


Request from Department of Health Services

Dear Families,

We need your help. In order for our health staff to recognize infectious outbreaks in schools, we ask you to be specific when calling in students as absent to school.

Instead of “sick” please give us specific symptoms or diagnosis, for example: diarrhea, vomiting, fever, sore throat, cold symptoms, strep throat, flu… and any diagnosed illness in your absence messages. This is not a requirement, just a request that will help nurses monitor the numbers of condition outbreaks at schools.

We want to keep all of our students safe and healthy. We appreciate your help with this!

Thank you for your help!

The Department of Health Services


February Digital Citizenship


Upcoming PTSA/Accountability Meeting

February 10, is the date of our next Accountability and PTSA meetings.

This month Accountability will be making recommendations about our 2021 budget. The accountability committee makes recommendations to the school principal about funding priorities. We would love your opinion. Please join us if possible.

PTSA will be following up on events that have already occurred and will be checking in with committee chairs for upcoming events. Additionally, we will be voting on whether or not to purchase an electronic marquee for Stott. The marquee would be on Yank, very close to where our current sign is. The electronic marquee would allow us to have multiple messages displayed and to change the message more frequently. Currently, changing the message is quite cumbersome and only happens one time per month. With an electronic marquee we can highlight everything that is great at Stott with the larger community. The sign will be full color with up to 32 lines of text at a time. We have worked with Jeffco and secured a grant that would pay for 40% of the cost and Stott PTSA would need to pay for the other 60%. The cost to the PTSA would be approximately $21,000.00. PTSA has been saving for several years and has set aside money for school beautification. We have to vote on to approve a purchase this large. If you are a PTSA member, we would love to have you attend to vote.

I have included a picture below as an example of what the marquee would look like.

Big picture


State Assessments (CMAS) for grades 3,4,5

The CMAS testing window is from March 18th- April 26th. Below is our testing schedule as we know it. Most testing will be done in the morning. We do not have specific grade level testing times as of yet, but as soon as we do we will pass that info along. Please try to schedule any appointments on days without testing.

  • 3rd grade testing days: 3/31, 4/1, 4/2, 4/14, 4/15, 4/16

  • 4th grade testing days: 3/31, 4/1, 4/2, 4/7, 4/8, 4/9

  • 5th grade testing days: 3/31, 4/1, 4/2, 4/7, 4/8, 4/9, 4/20, 4/21, 4/22

If you have questions or concerns about testing, please reach out to your child's classroom teacher or to myself. Thank you.


Upcoming Important Dates

February 12 - Parent/Teacher Conferences

February 13 - Valentine's Day Parties at 2:00

February 13 - Family Fun Dance (Rescheduled from Feb 7)

February 14 - No School - Teacher Work Day

February 17 - No School - President's Day

February 26 - Spring Portraits