3rd Grade Newsletter
Monday November 16th-Friday November 27th, 2020
What assignments do I turn in to my teacher?
If you would like to be featured in the newsletter, please email a photo of your student schooling to Emily Marks at email@example.com. Be sure to complete the media release form below if you have not already!
Multiplication Virtual Outing
Quarter 2 Writing Work Sample
For the Quarter 2 Writing Work Sample, students will be answering a question based on the Critical Skills Assignment in Unit 4, Lesson 15 of the ELA course. You will not be submitting the entire assignment for the Writing Sample, you will be answering a question in addition to the assignment. Please click here to watch a video explaining the assignment and see the directions in the Seesaw assignment for more information. We will be working on this in class during the week of November 16th and it will be due uploaded to Seesaw by Tuesday, November 24th by 5:00 pm.
We are continuing to work on multiplication in our OLS lessons and math classes. As multiplication is an essential and foundational math skill, it is important that students are working on their multiplication facts daily. If you do not already, start setting aside 15-20 minutes each day to work on your multiplication facts! Check out the links below for some resources to help with multiplication!
Exact Path & MindPlay
Science Fun with Ms. Monday
Tips & Tricks for a Successful School Year
- Class connect attendance is extremely important in addition to completing online coursework. Please prioritize attending class every day and email all teachers if you know you are going to be absent. Communicate with your homeroom teacher about any scheduling conflicts.
- Create a family schedule to stay on track with all students' class connects.
- Come to class prepared. Be sure to eat, use the restroom, do chores, etc. before or after class connects. Log in to class a few minutes early to be ready to start on time.
- Stay on track each day by following the Bison On-Track Calendar.
- All assignments require 80% mastery in order to be marked complete. Click here to watch a video showing how to retake an assessment. If you run out of attempts, contact your homeroom teacher.
- Watch recordings of any missed class connects. Click here to see how to access recordings.
- Clear out browser cache, cookies, and history daily to ensure that your computer runs smoothly with Newrow. Click here for instructions. Shut down your computer each night.
Important Upcoming Dates
- November 24th: Quarter 2 Writing Work Sample Due Uploaded to Seesaw
- November 24th: Virtual Outing-Alternate Schedule
- November 25th-27th: Thanksgiving Break
- December 1st- 4th: NWEA Testing LIVE in Classes-Alternate Schedule
- December 16th: Last Day of 2nd Quarter; All Work Completed by 5:00 PM
- December 17th-18th: No School-Teacher Work Days
- December 21st: Winter Break Starts
You will be able to find current and past Bison On Track Calendars and Newsletters on the school website.
If you are experiencing technical issues, please use the link above or call 866-512-2273 to submit a ticket.
In Case You Missed It
Teacher Contact Information
Call: (405) 259-9478 ext. 3186
Text: (405) 362-0125
Call: (405) 259-9478, ext. 3091
Text: (405) 309-7671
Call: (405) 259-9478, ext. 3197
Special Education Teachermmiller@okvirtual.org
Special Education Teacher
Call: (405) 259-9478, ext. 2168
Text: (918) 550-4517
The Oklahoma Virtual Charter Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access educational programs and activities. As required by Title IX, the Oklahoma Virtual Charter Academy does not discriminate on the basis of gender, in its educational programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the Title IX non-discrimination matters:
- Angie Foust, Title IX Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, (405) 259-9478 ext 2069, 1160 S Douglas, Midwest City, OK 73130
- Additionally, you may contact the Office of Civil Rights by calling 1-800-421-3481.