Navigating the River
August 11, 2021
Welcome to The River!
Upcoming School Events
MyPaymentsPlus will close at midnight on the 12th for academic lockers and agendas
8-17 vs. Lakeside @ Lambert HS 6:30 (Wear Black, White & Gold)
8-24 vs. DeSana @ Lambert HS 6:30 (Wear Tropical Tourist)
8-31 vs Otwell @ Forsyth Central HS 6:30
9-3 Early Release @ 1:30
9-6 Student/Staff Holiday
COVID-19 Reporting Info
As we experienced last year, processes are continuously improved. Please watch the newsletter for any updates to this information.
- If your child is showing symptoms, please do not send them to school.
- If your child has a positive test for COVID-19, contact our nurse, Kim Varner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If a child tests positive, any students or staff members who were in the same classroom (or bus) will be notified via Campus Messenger using the primary email that is listed. It is important that all parents check the email that is listed in Parent Portal daily to stay informed.
- Families may choose to self-quarantine their child once notified of possible exposure. Please contact our nurse, Kim Varner at email@example.com of your decision to self-quarantine.
- Students learning in person who are quarantined due to a positive test and students who self-quarantine may continue to stay up to date using ItsLearning.
School Spirit Days
Free Breakfast and Lunch for All Students
My Payments Plus
All orders and fee payments may be made on MyPaymentsPlus from now until August 12th. We strongly encourage you to utilize MyPaymentsPlus for all purchases, but those families who would like to make payments using cash or check may do so by sending payment with your child on Thursday, August 5 (first day of school) to their Homeroom teacher.
Items to be purchased at this time, until August 12th:
- Academic Lockers $10
- Agendas $10
PE Uniforms and Locks will be available for purchase on MyPaymentsPlus Monday, August 2 after schedules have been released. Please verify that your child has PE in their schedule before purchasing these items.
Band and Chorus Fees will also be available for purchase on MyPaymentsPlus Monday, August 2, after schedules have been posted.
Musical Theater Opportunity
This year, RMS Drama will be partnering with the award-winning Acting Troupe of Lambert to produce our first collaboration project! Students and staff from Lambert will be working with RMS students to produce Disney's The Jungle Book, Kids"! This production will be open to all Riverwatch students Grades 6 - 8. Rehearsals will be lead by Acting Troupe of Lambert (ATL) students, music directors Mr. Michael Abreu (RMS) and Mr. Ryan Wason (LHS) and Director/Choreographer Ms. Carly Ann Berg (LHS). Auditions will be on Friday, August 13th at Lambert High School. For more information, including audition resources, production information, and other important updates, please visit: www.tinyurl.com/atl-rms