April 28, 2017
Dear Bulldog Families,
We would like to thank those of you who attended and/or volunteered at the Bulldog Blast. This family event is a great way to have some fun with other families and friends while raising money for our school. We hope that you and your children enjoyed yourselves. We would like to also thank the Fishers Junior High National Junior Honor Society for volunteering at our game stations, what a great community connection for us!
The Bulldog Blast and other school events are sponsored by our New Britton PTO. We are already busy reflecting on our family opportunities and events for this year and planning for next year. There are several ways that you can become involved in the PTO.
Here are just a few:
- Fall Mum Sale – This fundraiser is a win-win for families. The product is one that many families already buy every fall so why not buy them from New Britton to raise funds to support teaching and learning? We have been impressed with the quality of the flowers and the ease of this fundraiser. This volunteer opportunity can be done with a friend and entails contacting the company, tallying orders, and scheduling volunteers to help arrange the pick-up.
- Movie Nights – This is an easy, fun way for all parents but especially Dads to become involved. We are looking for a co-leader to work with Chad Zeisig in coordinating the 6 movie nights, snacks, and volunteers. Thanks to Troy Frank and Marty Blake, there is an organized system already in place! Children and adults build strong connections at movie nights.
- Pancake Breakfast – The purpose of this event is building community among teachers and New Britton families. We are looking for co-leaders to order supplies, arrange some donations, and coordinate volunteers.
Our goal is to broaden our volunteer base and get some teams in place now so we can “hit the ground running” when the new year begins. If you are interested in these or other PTO committees, please email Michelle Ayres at email@example.com.
Communication is key when it comes to the school-home connection. We would like your feedback regarding the forms of communication you prefer in order to stay informed. Please use this link to provide us with some helpful information in planning for next year.
As always, thank you for partnering with us in education.
Lots of fun at the Bulldog Blast!
NBE 25th Anniversary Open House
Bulldog Calendar & Rotation Days
Teacher Appreciation Week May 1 - May 5
Monday 5/1 (Day 3) Brandt, Worrall, Mayer, Cooper to Holiday Park
Tuesday 5/2 (Day 4) Linton, Hughes, Miller, Shoemaker to Holiday Park
Wednesday 5/3 (Day 5) 3rd grade Music Program (Street, Myers, Sarkovics)
Thursday 5/4 (Day 6) 3rd grade Music Program (Biggs, Grillo, Temple, Pearson)
Friday 5/5 (Day 1) Movie Night - Moana
Monday 5/8 (Day 2) 4th grade to RSI
Tuesday 5/9 (Day 3)
Wednesday 5/10 (Day 4) 1st grade to Zoo & 3rd grade to Children's Museum
Thursday 5/11 (Day 5 )
Friday 5/12 (Day 6)
2017-2018 PTO - NBE needs YOU!
Are you looking for a way to get involved in the school and meet other parents here at NBE?
Check out the NBE PTO!
There are opportunities for working parents, stay at home parents and everything in-between! Also, what makes everything better? FRIENDS! Grab an NBE neighbor or parent and serve together!
* Vice President
* Walkathon (Glow Walk) Chairperson
* After-School Enrichment Chairperson
* Science Fair Chairperson
* 4th Grade Picnic Chairperson
* Bulldog Blast Co-Chairperson (we need several here)
* Mum Sale Chairperson
* Grant Proposal Chairperson
The more people we have to help, the smoother the year will go and the better the PTO will be! If you are interested in any of these positions, please email Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1st Graders Celebrate 25th Anniversary
If your child will be absent due to illness or medical/legal appointment, please call attendance line at (317) 594-4130. This phone line also has a 24 hour voice mail option. Please leave your name, your child's grade, teacher and the reason for the absence by 9:30 that morning. Please do not email the office with this information.
Congratulations to our "Catch of the Week" Students!
Kindergarten: Katie Kessel, Keaton Bobson, Aryan Rajput, Landon Sanders, Cindy Mendez, Elijah Dorris, Faith Wendzel, Olivia Banks, Marlee Evans, Moud A Bazlamit, Tubagus Gibran, Preston Booth
1st Grade: Addy Ratliff, riley Fehlinger, Caroline McBride, Emmi Shrall, Fiona Sharpe, Ella Reidenbach, Drew Spicer, Shravanthi Saravanan, Emma Linden, Kelsey Booth, Andre Ames
2nd Grade: Nick Molter, Milo Martinez, David King, Leah Carroll, Alexandria Pulido, Simeon Brown, Sarah Albazamit, Sarah Flores, chaney Ferris, Annabelle Havens, Sadie Newell, Quentin McCracken, Takie Bouzer
3rd Grade: Layla Apple, Brennan Denning, Josiah Dorris, Rohen Maniandan, Nathan Baylor, Jack Butts, Sofia Saracino, Kareen Kakour, Reid Fields, Oryana Rahmeh, Sophia Mansur, Sara Carter, Athina Arteaga
4th Grade: Trevor Hall, Rahul Balel, Abby Gilbert, Tommy Johannerman, Gabe Hastings, Nate Colaw, Miriam Linton, Tina Liu, Ethanael Bua, Jonathan Albright
Congratulations Mrs. Myers 1st graders - March Boxtops Winner
Summer Sports Camps
Fishers High School
HSE High School
Check out the HSE Community Bulletin Board (CBB)!
Hamilton Southeastern Schools has now consolidated all the great activities offered in Fishers into one easy to access location - the CBB! Check out the CBB for library programs, S.P.O.R.T.S. news and other programs you would normally see in our Bulldog Bulletin. Use this link to check it out now!
*If you would like to have your event advertised to this link, please complete the submission form on the CBB.
*Permitted use of school newsletters as required by the Equal Access Act is not an endorsement of this group or this group’s beliefs by Hamilton Southeastern Schools or the Board of School Trustees.
Knights Cheerleader Call-Outs
We welcome all current 4th and 5th grade students to try out for the Knights Travel Cheer Team for the upcoming 2017 season. Tryouts will be held on Saturday, May 13th at 12 pm @ Fishers High School Aux Gym. A mandatory clinic is scheduled for Friday, May 12th from 6 – 8 pm.
Parents must attend an informational meeting Friday during the clinic.
2017 Knights Travel Football Cheerleading
* No Pre-registration necessary. You will complete a registration for S.P.O.R.T.S cheer at the parent meeting. Payment must be made before tryouts (no checks will be cashed prior to results)
* Attendance at Clinic is Mandatory to be eligible to make the team
* Grades Eligible 5th-6th for upcoming 2017-2018 school year
* Practice twice a week starting June until the start of school
* Games are every Saturday from August- October (including Labor Day Weekend and Fall Break)
* Team Cost Estimated $300.00 (including registration fees)
* Uniform/Practice Wear/Warm Ups/Back-Pack & Coaching (Discounted used uniform pieces will be available on a first come basis)
* Cheerleaders are judged on Side Line Cheer, Jumps, Motions, Appearance and Enthusiasm!
* Tumbling ability is only worth extra credit points/ It is not a requirement to make team
* Knights Cheer encourages strong academics. Bring a copy of your report card for extra credit
Please reach out to the coaches with any questions:
Giannine Cohoon: Giannine.Cohoon@roberthalf.com (312) 545-5342
Tricia Akers: Triciaakers@yahoo.com (317) 679-8303
FHS Diving - Summer Diving Series
Looking for a fun summer activity? Fishers Diving is offering a Summer Diving Series where kids of all ages can try out their favorite pastime at the pool...jumping, diving, and flipping off the diving board! This basics lessons series is a great introduction to the sport of diving and a safe way to learn how to impress their friends at the pool this summer! Classes begin May 1st!
Class Start: May 1, 2017
Class Times: Monday & Wednesday 5:30-6:30pm
Cost: $300 for the entire Summer session
Registration: online at www.fishersdiving.com
*To register - fill out online registration & show up to first class on May 1st with a check made out to Fishers Diving.
What to Bring: wear a swimsuit (1-piece is preferable for girls) and bring a towel!
Fishers Diving Tigers, Inc.
Fishers Parks Department Camps
It is difficult to believe that summer is just around the corner! The City of Fishers Parks and Recreation Department launched its summer camp registration on Wednesday: http://www.fishers.in.us/CivicSend/ViewMessage/message?id=15994