"Wilson Rangers Lead the Way"
There are 3 new updates below: PD Schedule, Team Leader Agenda, and Educator iPads. Please check them out to be ready for next week.
See you Tuesday!
Also, below is a link to the schedule for our campus PD which will begin this coming Tuesday morning! When looking at the rotations for the 13th and 14th, please know that you will have individual/team work time during any of the time your team is not scheduled for the SLO or Intervention Services rotations. I know it will be a crazy few days before the first day, so hopefully that will allow you some "work time!"
Team Leader Agenda
Below is the Agenda and items we discussed.
Educator iPads & Pencils
-New hires will receive theirs on Monday.-
Tina Berumen (Lead Librarian) will be here to assist us from 7:30-8:30 in the Library. Here is what you need to know to help the process go smoothly:
- We will start Tuesday morning with breakfast at 8:00. iPad checkout will be from 7:30-8:30. Make sure you get yours during that hour window.
- You will KEEP your current iPad charger/cord to use with your new iPad.
- Your current/old iPad will be turned into Jaime when school starts. Look for more info in the coming weeks.
Learner iPads - The district is moving forward with 1:1 iPads for Kinder-12th Grade. Whoa! This is exciting news, but I know it will also have a big impact on our grade levels that haven't previously been 1:1. Please be thinking with your team about what sort of class procedures/expectations you will want to put in place to help manage the devices. The district has provided a schedule for roll-out (below). When I learn more about charging stations, cases, etc I will be sure to let you know!
- 4th/5th Rollout - Aug 16th - 1:00-3:00
- 3rd Rollout - Aug 17th - 1:00-3:00
- 2nd Rollout - Aug 20th - 1:00-3:00
- 1st Rollout - Aug 21st - 1:00-3:00
- Kinder Rollout - Aug 22nd - 1:00-3:00
Digital Portfolios - You may remember from the end of the year the district announced that we would be moving forward with Bulb as our district-wide digital portfolio platform. Please be on the look-out for an email from Bulb over the next several days with all of your login info. The district will host several introductory sessions the first week back to get us all caught up on this new tool.
Twitter - The district has asked that each educator have a professional Twitter account activated and ready prior to the start of the August 7th professional learning. It will be utilized throughout our back-to-school trainings, and the district will host a Twitter chat throughout the first week.
Welcome New Ranger Educators!
- Dyslexia - Melissa Lawley - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kinder DLI - Mayra Ordonez - email@example.com
- 1st Monolingual - Denae Shake - firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3rd DLI - Esther Martinez - email@example.com
- Assistant Principal - Jordan Muse - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diagnostician - Pilar Balabuch - email@example.com
2018-2019 Compensation Plans
For more details, click below.
2018 Compliance Trainings
Like last year, the trainings are housed in Schoology. Most are due to be completed by the end of September. The rest will be due in December. For those of you that like to get an early start and mark it off you list, you can complete them at any time.
Please log-in to Schoology using your CISD account info, and join the Wilson Compliance Course 2018-2019 using the Access Code - H9TXV-MBQXX
2018-2019 Benefits - Open Enrollment
To view your current benefits or self-enroll between July 9 - August 17th, click on the button below.
Enter your social security number & your PIN (which is the last 4 digits of your SSN + the last 2 digits of your birth year).
Wilson Important Dates 2018-2019
*Please be sure to clear the date with Michelle and Cooper prior to adding it to the list.
- Monday, Aug 6th - New Hires Start - New Hire Breakfast @ 7:30
- Tuesday, Aug 7th - Welcome Back Everyone! - AM (Campus) / PM (District Day)
- Tuesday, Aug 7th - DLI Parent Meeting
- Wednesday, Aug 8th - District PD Day
- Wednesday, Aug 8th - Staff Social - Señor Locos - After PD
- Thursday, Aug 9th - District PD Day
- Thursday, Aug 9th - Kinder Parent Orientation & Bear Hunt
- Friday, Aug 10th - AM (Convocation) / PM (District Day)
- Monday, Aug 13th - Campus Day - "Meet the Teacher" @ 6:00pm
- Tuesday, Aug 14th - Campus Day
- Wednesday, Aug 15th - First Day of School!
- Thursday, Aug 30th - Curriculum Night (K-2nd - 5:30-6:30) / (3rd-5th - 6:30-7:30)