From the Desk of Ms. Clark
September 10, 2020
The year is off to a great start! The halls are filled with smiles and laughter once again! On Tuesday, our SKD students arrived with a new enthusiasm and an appreciation for being present on campus. Many thanks to our parents who have positively coached the kids on the COVID protocols. Our children are quickly adapting to the varied, new requirements.
The teachers have been amazing, adjusting their schedules, instruction, and their classrooms’ expectations. They have been using this opportunity to re-think their teaching methods and fine-tune their instructional style. This pandemic situation has forced us all to be much more creative in our thinking, classroom management, and teaching strategies.
May God bless every family, and may He provide us with his protection each and every day of this new school year!
Symptom Screening Tool
Appointments During School Day
Please know that if you are taking your child out of the school for a medical or dental appointment during the day, your student will NOT be permitted to return to school until the next day due to the cohorts. If possible, it is recommended that you make appointments for early morning. Students are admitted to the building until 11am.
- Masks or shields MUST be worn by everyone in the school building. This includes when picking up a child early or when they are sent home sick.
- Masks MUST be worn by everyone at afternoon pick-up. Please remain outside your car, do not gather, and stay socially distant.
- Masks MUST have ear loops to hold the mask securely to the face and above the nose.
School Hours are from 8:15am to 2:45PM and 8:30am to 2:30pm for our Pre-Kindergarten. Please call the school office and leave your child’s name and room number on the attendance line if your child is going to be absent for the day. If the absence is not reported to the office by 9am, a phone call will be made to confirm an absence.
SKD Dress Down Days
There will be three Dress Down Days each month.
- One will be dedicated to service and a specific charity. We will inform you of the charity each month and students will be able to dress down for a donation of $1 or more.
- Another day will be dedicated to school spirit and students may dress down and wear their SKD spirit gear or Blue Ribbon T-shirts.
- The final day will be designated as a "Good Time" Ticket Day. Children who obtain ten good time tickets can dress down on this assigned day.
Please be sure to check the newsletter each week for dates to remember.
School Spirit Shop is Open
Important Dates to Remember
Friday, 9/11: Live-Stream Opening Mass with Grades 5-8 10:30am
Monday, 9/14: Virtual BTSN Grade 1 7pm
Tuesday, 9/15: Virtual BTSN Grades 2 and 3 7pm
Wednesday, 9/16: Virtual BTSN Grades 4 and 5 7pm
Thursday, 9/17: Service Dress Down Day / Virtual BTSN Grades 6-7-8 7pm
Friday, 9/18: Good Time Ticket Dress Down Day
Thursday, 9/24: Spirit Dress Down Day