1st Grade Newsletter
Week 3: September 10-14, 2018
Upcoming September Dates
Watch Dogs Donuts for Dads
- When: Thursday, September 13, 2018
- Time: 8:00
- This is not Donuts with Dads where you eat with your child. Donuts for Dads is where you learn about our Watch Dog program.
- If you did not receive the green flyer on Friday, it will go out on Monday to your child.
- When: September 24th-28th, 2018
- When: Tuesday, October 2nd
- Time: 6:00 pm
- Where: Cafeteria
- When: Friday, October 5th
- Time: 12:55
- When: Monday, October 8th
- Agendas are $8.00.
- We will be using agendas in class everyday.
- If you have not purchased one please send in money with your child as soon as you are able to.
- We will be tracking behavior in the agendas as well as sharing events of each day.
- Agendas need to be signed daily by a parent/guardian.
- Agendas need to be brought to school daily.
What are We Learning?
- Different Ways to Show a Number
- Number Lines
- Skip Counting by 2's
- 120's Chart, Number Puzzles
ELAR: (Reading, Writing, Phonics)
- Launching Word Work
- Reviewing Reading Process Strategies- Get Your Mouth Ready/Chunking the Words
- Rhyming Words
- Sentence Structure and Handwriting
- Creating Personal Narrative Class Book
- Introducing First Grade Word Wall Words- Complete List is located in Agendas
- 5 Senses
- Communities- Where we live, work, and play
Math Games to Try at Home!
When you get to the game click on the play button. Then pick which level you would like. Once there you need to click on the 1-120. This will give you the 120 chart.
- Homework goes out on Monday and is due on Friday.
- Your child needs to complete all the *starred activities.
- Then they may choose any 3 other activities they want to do as long as they complete 2 Tic Tac Toes.
- Please do all homework on a sheet of notebook paper and attach it to the homework with your child's name.