Kindergarten's Weekly Newsletter - Issue 28
CURRICULUM NEWS for April 3rd - April 7th
WORD WALL WORDS:
- it & here
- Long Aa Word Famies: -ay, -ai, a_e
- Grammar: Compound Words Click here to play sight word games!
- Identifying the features of Fables, Folktales and Nursery Rhymes
- Reading Fables & Folktales and learning how to make connections to them
- Understanding the story elements: setting, characters, problem/solution, and key events
- Revising our sentences by adding details (adjectives, prepositions, etc)
- Writing a 6 star sentence: capital at the beginning, makes sense, spaces, punctuation, detail, spelling
- Measurement (length)
- The Plant Life Cycle
Important Dates to Remember
Thursday, April 6th - Eager Eaglets, Incoming Kindergarten Parent Info Session; see below
Friday, April 14th - Good Friday (student & teacher holiday)
Monday, April 17th - Bad Weather Make-Up Day (student & teacher holiday)
This & That
Ice Cream in the Cafeteria
If you choose to allow your student to purchase ice cream, please remind them that it's good to eat their "brain food" first before eating their ice cream. We want to promote healthy eating habits for all and hope you will join us in this effort. Thank you for your support.
Join us at Dr Pepper Ballpark for PISD Night
ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT tickets are just $20 and include the following:
• Entry to the Frisco RoughRiders (Rangers) vs. San Antonio Missions (Padres) game Friday, May 5th, 7:05pm
• Unlimited Hot Dogs, Brats, Chips, Peanuts, Dr Pepper Products through Grab n' Go through 8:30pm!
• Limited edition RoughRiders souvenir
• RoughRiders Game Program
• Postgame fireworks
• A portion of each ticket sold will benefit Light Farms Elementary PTO
Deadline to purchase tickets is Friday, April 21st!
Place your order by completing/mailing in the form or click here.
Kindergarten Registration for 2017 on April 6th
- 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. - students whose last name begins with the letters A-L
- 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. - students whose last name begins with M-Z
Parents and students will take a short tour, listen to a story, sing a few songs, and meet various staff members. School registration does not have to be completed, but we do ask that you attend the Eager Eaglet event at your zoned campus. https://goo.gl/forms/atKYmy8bZy9eup743