December 4, 2020
Dear Families of the Hollys,
We welcome you back from our recent Thanksgiving Break, and we hope last week was relaxing and rejuvenating for you and your family during this unique time. We are so proud of our students at the Hollys and we appreciate your continued support and feedback during remote learning. We are so excited to share how robust our student attendance has been, and that is due to your unwavering partnership. You are to be commended! We continue to thank our teachers for their thoughtful instruction and the creative ways they connect and sustain relationships with our wonderful students. Our goal is to sustain consistent student attendance each day and minimize stress by adjusting our approach to better meet the needs of our community. We appreciate your insights and feedback. Please continue to reach out to your child’s teacher and staff so we can better meet your needs. It is such a joy to see our students’ beautiful smiles on screen during synchronous learning!
Not only do we seek to support your family’s remote learning experience, we also want to highlight other resources available to you. One current resource accessible to every single Cherry Creek School District student under the age of 18 years old includes student meals available for pick up at the following locations and times every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday:
Location: Holly Ridge Primary School
Address: 3301 S Monaco Pkwy, Denver, CO 80222
Times: 9:00 – 11:00 am or 12:00 – 2:00 pm
Location: Cherry Creek High School
Address: 9300 E Union Ave, Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Times: 3:00 – 5:00 pm
Location: Smoky Hill High School
Address: 16100 E Smoky Hill Rd, Aurora, CO 80015
Times: 3:00 – 5:00 pm
Location: Overland High School
Address: 12400 E Jewell Ave, Aurora, CO 80012
Times: 3:00 – 5:00 pm
As we finally enter the last month of 2020, we look forward to ensuring your child’s learning experience is meaningful and engaging. With so much going on around us, we never want to lose sight of what keeps our students smiling. Thank you again for all you do each day to support us, and to support your young learner.
Your partner in education,
Free Meals for Children 18 and Under
From the Clinic
As the weather changes, remember we are heading into cold and flu season. To increase your immune system, follow these techniques: Wash hands with soap and water or use sanitizer frequently. Disinfect table tops, desks, and door knobs. Cough into elbow or shoulder instead of hands. If running a fever, stay home from school for at least 24 hours after it occurs. Contact a doctor if severe symptoms persist. Stay well hydrated and eat a well-balanced diet. Wearing a mask also slows the spread of germs. Here are a few tips on how to wear your mask correctly:
- Wash your hands before putting on your mask
- Put it over your nose and mouth and secure it under your chin
- Try to fit it snugly against the sides of your face
- Make sure you can breathe easily
- CDC does not recommend use of masks or cloth masks for source control if they have an exhalation valve or vent
Jackie Lane, RN, BSN
A Message from the Hollys PTCO
Welcome to Brainfuse JobNow Through Arapahoe Libraries
Live, anytime, anywhere job assistance, including up-to-date nation-wide and local job search engines, professional resume critique and proven interview techniques. Experience a personalized career center seamlessly integrated with advanced virtual technology to help job seekers of diverse backgrounds and needs.
Go to https://landing.brainfuse.com/authenticate.asp?u=main.arapahoeld.co.brainfuse.com and enter your Arapahoe Library Card barcode number to sign in.
JobNow's features include:
- Homework Help Interact with live tutors in math, science, reading/writing, social studies, PSAT/SAT, ACT, AP and state standardized tests.
- JobNow Receive live job coaching, real-time interview practice, full-service resume lab, 24/7 access to local job resources and more!
- Resume Assistance Prepare your resume with help from JobNow resources including resume templates; receive expert feedback via live interaction or the resume lab.
- Prepare for Your Interview Review interview tips and resources; connect with a job coach to practice interviewing.
- Live Assistance Interact with live tutors in math, science, reading, writing, history, GED, college placement tests and more!
- Career Resources Begin your job hunt with JobNow’s powerful tools.
- Skills-Building Choose your topic to receive real-time help.
- Personalized eLearning Tools My File Sharing, My Session Replay, My Tutoring Archive, My Tests Archive, and more!
- 24-Hour Writing Lab Submit essays and other forms of writing for constructive feedback.
- Homework Send Question Submit homework questions for expert guidance.
- Foreign Language Lab /Spanish-Speaking Support
Please contact (name of liaison) at (email) for support with this resource in your language.
እነዝህን መረጃዎችን በተመለከተ በቋንቋዎ ዕገዛን ለማግኘት ከፈለጉ እባክዎን ተሊሌን በዝህ እሜይል ያግኙዋት email@example.com
يرجى الاتصال بـ (جميعة صباحي أو جاودة العلمي) على ( firstname.lastname@example.org أو
email@example.com.) للحصول على الدعم مع هذا المورد باللغة العربية.
귀하의 언어로 이 자원에 대한 지원을 원하시면 (리아 리) 에게 (firstname.lastname@example.org) 로 문의하십시오.
Пожалуйста, обращайтесь к Ларисе Бака по адресу: email@example.com для получения поддержки с помощью этого ресурса на своём языке.
Fadlan la xiriir Omar Nur cinwaanka firstname.lastname@example.org si aad u hesho macluumaad ku qoran luqadaada.
Si necesita ayuda con este recurso en su idioma, póngase en contacto con Ilse Chavez Maldonado en email@example.com, Rosa Han en firstname.lastname@example.org, Helena Gognat en email@example.com o Milagro Nuanes en firstname.lastname@example.org
Vietnamese: Vui lòng liên hệ với Thuý Ngọc tại Lchung2@cherrycreekschools.org để được hỗ trợ về tài nguyên này bằng tiếng Việt.