Friday, December 11, 2015
Working together with families in a partnership of teachers, staff and community members to provide an individualized learning environment that fosters high achievement in core and elective areas; preparing students for life-long success.
OnTrack SCHEDULE UPDATE
Special Sessions for APEX testing and work completion turn-ins:
Monday, December 14: 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday, December 16: 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Monday, January 6: 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday, January 8: 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
2nd Semester OnTrack Schedule begins Monday, January 11th
Monday: 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. (FPCS Office)
Tuesday: 6:00 - 9:00 p.m. (FPCS Office)
Wednesday, 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. (FPCS Office)
Friday: 1:30- 4:30 p.m. (Crosspoint Church)
(Note: No OnTrack on January 18, February 19 & 22, March 14-18, and April 22)
If you have any questions, please contact your Sponsor Teacher or one of the OnTrack Teachers
Kay Alley: firstname.lastname@example.org - (907) 830-2833
Elbertha Anker: email@example.com - (907) 764-4270
Christian Eidem: firstname.lastname@example.org - (916) 205-8135
Box Tops for Family Partnership
1) Enter for a chance to win ONE MILLION Bonus Box Tops or up to 10,000 instant win prizes for our school!
2) Print out the "Bundle Up with Box Tops" form and use as a fun activity at home.
Need Certified Teacher Contact Hours?
Winter Evergreen Arrangements
When: Saturday, December 19th
Time: 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
Where: Dimond Greenhouses (located at 1050 Dimond blvd.)
Fee: $20.00 (requisition in goods and services under your already existing science or art classes in your student's ILP)
Note: All materials are included in the $20.00 fee. Can we please get two or three volunteers to bring cookies to share?
To sign up contact: Happy Chronister (phone/text: 240-7244)
International Aviation Art Contest
The 2016 International Aviation Art Contest is underway. The Alaska DOT&PF Division of Statewide Aviation (SWA) promotes this event and we hope you will too.
Aviation is huge in Alaska with the aviation industry accounting for 10% of the jobs in our state. And there are 737 registered airports, 9,347 registered aircraft, and 8,032 active pilots.
Eligibility: All children in the age groups shown below are encouraged to participate in the Contest.
Age Groups. Entries will be judged in 3 classes:
Group I - Junior Category (Date of birth between Jan. 1 2006 and Dec. 31 2009)
Group II - Intermediate Category (Date of birth between Jan. 1 2002 and Dec. 31 2005) Group III - Senior Category (Date of birth between Jan. 1 1998 and Dec. 31, 2001)
Family Partnership takes the issues of bullying and harassment very seriously. Recent research suggests that young people who are bullied, may not always tell adults, as they may be afraid or ashamed. This may result in a student being victimized for a prolonged period of time before it is discovered or reported.
Although we are a homeschool correspondence program, FPCS endeavors to provide all students with a safe environment in which to learn, grow and develop. Family Partnership seeks to enlist the support and co-operation of all parents in the school community. In addition to the standard preventative measures endorsed by ASD, we are committed to working in a proactive manner with parents. The purpose of this letter is to share with parents some of the signs that they need to be alert to. Young people who are being bullied may display one or (usually) several of the following signs:
• Has bruises, injuries, cuts, and scratches that cannot be given a natural explanation.
• Wants to go to school a different way to avoid the children who are bullying them.
• Seems very tense, tearful and unhappy after school.
• Talks about hating school or not having any friends.
• Refuses to tell you what happens at school.
• Doesn’t bring classmates or other peers home after school and seldom spends time in the homes of others.
• May not have a single good friend to share free time with (play, shopping, sports and musical events, chatting on the phone, etc.).
• Appears afraid or reluctant to go to school in the morning, has poor appetite, repeated headaches, or stomach pains (particularly in the morning).
• Has restless sleep with bad dreams, may cry in their sleep.
• Has lost interest in school work and gets lower grades. •
• Requests or takes extra money from family (to accommodate the bullies)
These signs may not necessarily mean your child is being bullied, but if present, it is recommended that you check out what is worrying your child.
Be assured that Family Partnership is committed to continually reviewing its policies and practices with respect of bullying and harassment.
Deanne Carroll - Principal
THANK YOU FPCS SCHOOL BUSINESS PARTNERS
524 W. Fourth Avenue
Anchorage, AK 99501
151 W 100th Ave,
Anchorage, AK 99515
3101 Penland Pkwy, Ste K18
Anchorage, AK 99508