Second Grade News
October 17, 2016
No UnHomework this week
Reading Logs Due 10/25
Student Pin Numbers- It's here!
Book Fair Ends Wednesday
Red Ribbon Week (2nd Grade PJ Day Change)
Monday- (no school)
Tuesday- "I'm RED-y to live a drug free life"- wear red
Wednesday- "Team up against drugs"- wear your favorite sports team attire
Thursday- "Hats off to being drug free"- wear a hat HOWEVER, second grade has received special permission to wear their PJs to school on Thursday, given that PJ day falls on our field trip day.
Friday- Field Trip! Please wear tennis shoes, and your second grade shirt (coming home soon!) OR a Frontier shirt (orange, if you have it!)
Can you help us?
Lost & Found
What are we learning?
- Math- Name collections, Frames & arrows routines, "What's my rule?" routines
- Reading- Fluency Skills: speed/pacing, reader's theatre, author's purpose, multiple-meaning words
- Phonics- Open-syllable pattern
- Writing- Personal narratives
- Social Studies- Branches of the Government
- Science- Rocks
- 12-18 Book Fair & Coin Drive
- 18- Parent Teacher Conferences
- 20- BJ's Restaurant Night
- 21-24- Fall Break (No School)
- 25- Red Ribbon Week
- 28- Spirit Day
Please be familiar with our schedule and make sure your child is wearing appropriate clothing and shoes on P.E. days.
Monday: Library and Health
Wednesday: C.O.R. (bring library books to school) and P.E.
Helpful Links & Resources (click below)
Learn and practice our classroom rules with your child. Be sure to ask about our hand motions!