Pierce Staff Meeting
November 11, 2015
Positive Dog Awards
Staff Development-Ms. Martin
Important Upcoming Dates
- November 13: End of 2nd 6 Weeks-Scan Conference Documentation and email to Ms. Dickson
- November 16: Grades due by 8 a.m.
- November 19: Class Program: Li & Altamirano 5:30-6:15 p.m.
- November 23-27: No School
- November 23-24: PD Make Up Sessions @ Ad Building for those Teachers missing Summer Hours
- November 30: Report Card Day: Jeans & College Shirts for all students and Staff
- December 2: PLCs @ Pierce 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- December 9: Faculty Meeting 3:15 p.m.
Staff Expectations & Reminders:
- Professional Staff is expected to be at classroom doors ready to greet students by 7:30 a.m. (not pulling into the parking lot at 7:30 :) )
- Everyone is expected to check email once a day and respond to necessary email within 24-48 hours.
- When putting in for a Substitute in AESOP please do NOT state that being Bilingual is required. It is not required. We often don't fill these and we need our Substitutes.
- Please wait to dismiss students once the 10:45 and 3:00 bell has rung.
- Small Group instruction: The expectation is that the Teacher is pulling a group and teaching a lesson during small group time. This is valuable teaching time that we want to make sure we are putting to good use for reviewing skills that lead to mastery of content.
- Always be looking for alternate activities to worksheets. Think about how to take worksheet activities and transform them into journal activities. Ms. Martin, AS, is a great resource if you have questions.