Shawnee Heights Elementary Scoop
Weekly Update (May 14, 2022)
What's Coming at SHES!
Monday, May 16th
- Pettit Scholarships & Karen Shafer All-School Assembly 9:20 a.m.
Tuesday, May 17th
- 5th/6th Orchestra Concert 6:15 p.m. in district auditorium (SHHS)
- 5th/6th Band Concern 7:30 p.m. in SHHS South Gym
Wednesday, May 18th
- Final day of 5th/6th grade Band & Orchestra classes
Friday, May 20th
- All student library materials due for check-in
- 4th Quarter Guth Assembly 9:10 a.m. via Zoom
Monday, May 23rd
- Ice Cream floats for students & staff provided by SHES PTO & The Sweet Tee 2-3:30 p.m.
Tuesday, May 24th
- Field Day 1st/2nd grades 9:30-11:00 a.m.
- Field Day PreK/Kindergarten 1:30-3:00 p.m.
Wednesday, May 25th
- Field Day 3rd/4th grades 9:30-11:00 a.m.
- Field Day 5th/6th grades 1:30-3:00 p.m.
Thursday, May 26th
- Last Day of School for students! (EC, Kindergarten-6th grades)
- 9:30-10:00 All-School yearbook signing
- 6th grade promotion assembly 2:30 p.m. (Grades 4th-6th in attendance)
- 6th grade graduation walk through SHES halls (All grades participating)
Friday, May 27th
- Teacher work day & sign-off for 2021-2022 school year
Friday, May 27th- Friday, June 3rd
- No School for PreK4 students
Thursday, June 2nd
- Student summary reports sent out electronically
Monday, June 13-Friday, June 17
- Camp Invention at SHES (grades 2nd-5th) see emails or contact Principal Hummer firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Thursday, June 30th
- Last Day of classes for PreK4 students
Tuesday, July 5th
- 2022-2023 Online enrollment begins
Thursday, August 11th
- First Day of classes for 2022-2023 school year
3rd Quarter Primary Guth Award winner
3th Quarter Guth Awards
We celebrate students for academic effort and outstanding citizenship at SHES!
3rd Quarter Intermediate Guth Award winner
3rd Grade Kansas Kids' Fitness Day
| || |
To Mr. Simpson, our SHES 3rd grade teachers/staff, and to all of the parent volunteers who were able to make our 3rd Grade Kansas Kids Fitness Day event possible for students.... we THANK YOU!
Glam Yard Greetings
Thank you for the awesome sign of appreciation for our SHES teachers and staff!
SHES PTO & Parents
Teacher and Staff appreciation week 2022 was one to remember! Thank you all for the showering of goodies, gifts, gestures and notes of appreciation for our teachers and staff!
Delicious treat for teachers and staff!
SHES PTO & Parents
School Meals 2022-2023 school year
Class placement requests for 2022-2023 school year
As we plan for next school year, there are many considerations that influence classroom placement. Each classroom decision is measured carefully as we attempt to form balanced classrooms and the best placement for each student. As a parent, you are welcome to request a teacher or placement for your student based on his/her needs. These requests can include separating or keeping your student(s) together in the same classroom. In order for a request to be considered, it must be linked to an educational reason. Written requests for 2022-2023 will be accepted through Friday, May 20th and can be sent to the office or emailed to Rebecca Hummer, Principal email@example.com