Fernforest Public School
May 13 PA Day
SCHEDULE FOR THE DAY:
8:20-8:40 - treats courtesy of Team 1
8:40-9:40 - time with your team (e.g., to set-up; to continue Numeracy collaboration)
9:40-10:40 - Numeracy Walk-throughs (- all staff to submit “exit card”)
10:45-11:00 - “Mix and Mingle” in the gym
(e.g., chance to ask questions and follow-up on classroom visits)
11:00-11:10 - Break
11:10-11:40 - Entry/Exit Conversations: student transitions between the grades
(e.g., what do you want students to be able to demonstrate when they enter/exit your grade?)
11:40-12:40 - Lunch
12:40-3:00 - Sign-in at office upon return
- Self-directed learning
1:00-1:40 - EQAO Administration/Accommodations Meeting
(Grade 3 Teachers/Support Staff- in staffroom)
1. TIME WITH YOUR TEAM (Set-up; Numeracy Collaboration)
2. NUMERACY WALK-THROUGHS
- Each Grade/Subject team will showcase all of the great teaching and learning that has taken place in relation to their Numeracy goal
- Please select one classroom for your Grade/Subject team walk-through
Student Work Samples (e.g., samples that demonstrate growth and highlight the process)
Supports and Strategies (e.g., anchor charts, word walls, learning goals, exemplars)
Reflection of progress (e.g, Where is the team at in the process? Did your team achieve their Numeracy goal?)
- Favourite Math Game/Manipulative and Explanation
3. "MIX AND MINGLE" IN THE GYM
- your chance to ask questions/converse with other staff in relation to what you saw and experienced this morning
4. ENTRY/EXIT CONVERSATIONS
- split your grade level team in half
- we will form 2 groups (A;B)
- make a circle, place 4 chairs in the middle
As a group, discuss the questions below:
1. What do you want students to know/be able to demonstrate when they exit your grade?
2. What do you want students to know/be able to demonstrate when they enter your grade?
3. What are we doing/can we do to ensure consistency among classes and continuity between grade levels?
4. How have you incorporated inquiry into your teaching and learning?
5. How are you preparing students for EQAO in Grade 1, 2, 4 and 5?
6. What connection exists between grade level benchmark tools and end of year assessments/student ability?
7. When is the time to use a worksheet?
8. How do you differentiate instruction in your classroom?
9. What gaps have you noticed at your grade level?
10. What do you do when students are unsuccessful?