St. Mary's Catholic School
Back to School Newsletter - Sept 5, 2021
First Full Week of School: Whoo Hoo!
Thank you to all of our students and families for a successful staggered re-entry! What a fantastic year we are going to have. We are blessed by God to once again be together!
Here are a few things to note (students were made aware of these points during their staggered entry days, but they bear repeating here :)
ELK ISLAND SCHOOLS CHANGES MASKING REQUIREMENT
Effective Tuesday, September 7th, 2021, Elk Island Catholic Schools will require all K-12 students and staff to wear masks. This change comes about as part of a commitment of Elk Island Catholic Schools to keep our students and staff safe.
EICS will be requiring all students and staff to wear a mask in all common areas, hallways, foyers, lunchrooms, libraries, and in areas where social distancing is not possible. Masks may be removed in classrooms when students are seated. Please read the full news release by clicking HERE or the picture below.
Click on the Button above to access the Daily Screening Tool. This is our number one way of keeping our community safe. As we do not have the capacity to individually screen each student before entry, parents are reminded to use the screening form with their child at home, before arrival at school.
No form needs to be completed and brought to the school.
-Many have shared that it is a good idea to print and post the document on your fridge, etc. as a reminder to self-screen each day and to stay home if sick.
-Attendance at school will be taken to mean that students have gone over the screening questions at home each morning and are good to be at school.
Students wishing to make changes to their schedules please do so this Tuesday by communicating with their teacher and talking to Mrs. Michaekchuk or Mr. Murphy at the main office.
New Faces at STMY:
Mrs. Maddy Kozitzky
- Any grade 10-12 girls interested in playing volleyball, will have tryouts this week. Talk to Mrs. Kozitzky for more details.
- All boys grade 9-12 interested in playing volleyball there will be a practice Tuesday next week from 3:30 - 5:30. Please see Mr. Mandersonfor more details.
- Jr. High girls volleyball tryouts Tuesday and Thursday from 3-5pm.
Jr. High boys volleyball tryouts Thursday next week from 3-4:15pm.
The Vegreville Cares Coalition is excited to announce their downtown Harvest of Hope event on September 9th. This celebration is a way to bring our community together to connect with our neighbors and community members. There will be lots of activities, with music and food to enjoy and participate in. Mark your calendars for this fun event!
Do you wanna be the FACE of THE MAZE???
Specifically, we are needing someone to play the role of Mazy at the following events:
- Thursday, September 9 - 5 PM to 8 PM (Pysanka Park Market)
- Saturday, Sept 11 & Sunday, Sept 12 - 11 AM to 5 PM (opening weekend) *with breaks
- Saturday, Sept 25 & Sunday, Sept 26 - 11 AM to 5 PM
- Saturday, Oct 2 & Sunday, Oct 3 - 11 AM to 5 PM
- Saturday, Oct 9 & Sunday, Oct 10 - 11 AM to 5 PM
If anyone would like more information, they can contact ANNA LANGKOW at 587-790-0923