Room 104 News. Issue 6
January 8th, 2016
We Love to Read!
Welcome back and Happy New Year
Information and Reminders!
- Scholastic orders were sent home on Friday, if you would like to order any books please send the order form and money to school by Monday, January 18th.
- The fundraising Pizza Lunch is on Friday, January 15th, if your child would like pizza for lunch please send in the money and order form ASAP.
- Library book exchange next week. Please make sure your library book is back by Monday so it can be exchanged for a new one.
- Character Education assembly next Tuesday to acknowledge students who have consistently shown kindness and caring.
- Poetry Folders come home every Friday, please have fun reading the poems/songs together. Make sure the folders come back to school in the mailbag on Monday so we can add the new page.
- Many of the children have the same or very similar clothing and they do not always know which items belong to them. This is taking up a lot of our time and causing some upset feelings. Please, please help us out by making sure that all removable clothing has your child's name written on the inside label. Thank you.
- PD day Friday, January 22nd. No school that day.
Show and Tell
For the month of January we are being detectives. On your child's special day they should choose something that can fit inside our Mystery Bag (a large brown paper bag). Think of some clues about the object and complete the form that we will send home. Then they will read the clues to the class and we will have 3 chances to guess what is in the bag.
Here are the special helpers for next week.
Tuesday: Sumayyah and Zhao
Wednesday: Anika and Jonathan
Friday: Luxson and Sean
Winter Clothes and Spare Clothing
Getting dressed and undressed takes quite a bit of time so it will really help us if your child is as independent as possible. Please talk to your child about putting their clothes on in the right order, some of them are trying to put snowpants on after their coats etc and this just does not work well :-).
A good order would be: 1. snowpants 2. coat 3. neck warmer and hat 4. boots 5. gloves/mittens.
This is also a good time to review the emergency clothes that are at school. Do they still fit and are they suitable for the season? Please make sure your child's spare clothes are in a sealed bag that is clearly labelled, large ziplocks bags work well.
Please do not forward this email to others!
If you wish to unsubscribe from the list, please email me.