The Bulldog Growl
Week of November 19th
"Reach Every Student Every Day"
- The Trumpet of the Swan readings for Monday are Chapters 20-21. This will finish the book! We hope you have enjoyed reading this story together with your children, and your children enjoyed it too!
- If there are any students that did not make an ornament for for American Bank & Trust, they have extended the deadline to Monday morning. The ones that were turned in looked SO good! The kids are so creative!
- Flash cards to practice the percent equivalents for fractions, as well as putting them in order from smallest to largest, were sent home during Conferences yesterday (and will today as well). Please encourage your child to practice them just a few minutes every day to really get themselves familiar with fractions as we move through Unit 4.
- Thank you to everyone that stopped by for Parent-Teacher Conferences (or will yet today!) It is always great to talk about all of the wonderful things the children in the classroom are doing!
- No School Wednesday, November 21st - Friday, November 23rd.
- December 3rd - Music Concert 7:00 PM - kids are supposed to bring a pair of sunglasses and a canned good item for the food pantry
- STARBASE will take place (at The Event Center) December 4th-7th. with a Graduation to be held on the 7th. More details will be sent home later
On Monday, East River Cooperative out of Madison taught us about static electricity and energy. The kids loved the hands-on activities and everyone wanted to volunteer!
On Tuesday, two professors from SDSU came to teach us about all kind of Science phenomenon. The 5th graders got their own half hour assembly in the morning, and then the whole Elementary met together for a longer assembly after lunch. The kids had so much fun and loved all of the cool experiments!
There are pictures from both assemblies below!