McKinley Mustang Newsletter
April 12th - 16th
We can do anything for 8 weeks!
Safe Routes TO School
- April Walk & Roll for the Earth Video Commercial is now available!
- April’s Walk & Roll to Anywhere (or School?!) week is April 1st-11th (to account for various Spring breaks), and the April Nature Walk Challenge is due on Monday, May 3rd.
- Virtual Family Bike Workshops and On-Bike Workshops are still happening – please share if you can!
Drive-in Movie Night this Friday!
Trolls World Tour - Friday, April 16th
Join us for a socially distanced screening of Trolls World Tour at the Petaluma Fairgrounds on Friday, April 16th hosted by the PTA. Doors open at 7 pm and the movie will start at 8 pm. The movie will play at the parking lot across from Target.
Enter the Fairgrounds parking lot through either the entrance by the library or the entrance by the skate park.
175 Fairgrounds Drive, Petaluma, CA 94952
We are limited to 100 cars. Not People, cars. If you do not have a car and need a place to sit for the movie we are here to help. Please let us know ASAP email Chris Lum at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Auction Items Needed for the Mustang Social Online Spring Fundraiser
This year, we will once again hold the Mustang Social Spring Fundraiser silent auction online and we want to use it as an opportunity to support businesses in Petaluma. With this goal in mind, we are inviting families who can do so to help us by donating gift cards to local businesses and other items.
Here are ways you can support this event:
- Use this Sign Up Genius link and select a local business to support by purchasing a gift card to be part of our online auction. Gift card sign ups start at $10. If there are any favorite local businesses that you’d like to support that aren’t included in this list, please feel free to drop off a gift card to that business instead.
- Donate a cash amount for us to use to purchase items from Petaluma businesses to include in the online auction
- Email email@example.com if you have any items (wine, gift baskets, art, etc.), vacation homes, experiences or buy-in event connections you can donate!
We’ll be collecting donations at the McKinley office starting tomorrow through April 23.
Got questions? Click here for more information.
Wanted: Awesome Parents Like You
Are you looking for ways to connect with other families and help McKinley at the same time? You're in luck as we are currently recruiting PTA board members for the 2021-2022 school year. Elections will be held during our May 12th PTA meeting.
Whether your hobbies include calculating the rent costs for apartments you see on TV down to the penny, cat herding, or wandering the folder aisle at Office Depot, there is a place for you on our board.
Here are the open positions:
- Co-President (Executive Vice President--Membership)
- VP of Fundraising
- Financial Secretary
If you would like to learn more about any of the open positions next year, please email PTA Chris Lum and Ashley Fitting at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Per 501c3 rules, we MUST have a President, Treasurer, and Secretary in order to function as a PTA.
BoxTops Collection Has Gone Digital
Follow the full instructions here to get started!
Still have BoxTops products in your pantry? No worries! This program is winding down but if you have unexpired BoxTops clips you can bring them to McKinley’s office by the fall deadline.