Southside Choir Weekly
2016-02-10 Volume 9 Number 5
- New Hymnal 101 (How Deep the Father's Love) and 324 (No Other Name)
- Coming Down
- Collection "Let's Sing Southern Gospel" 85 "The Lighthouse" and 32 "Smoky Mountain Gospel Medley
- Throne of Grace
- Out of Ashes (NEW)
February 14, 2016 "Don't Break My Heart" Sunday; Anthem "The Lighthouse"
February 21, 2016 Anthem "No Other Name" Solo -
February 28, 2016 Anthem "Coming Down" Solo -
March 6, 2016 Anthem "Throne of Grace"
March 13, 2016 Anthem "Smoky Mountain Gospel Medley"
- Senior Choir does not perform this week.
- We are continuing to seek applicants for the church pianist position. Please feel free to share in the community about our need, and have interested individuals contact me. We covet your prayers for the right person for this important position.
- The NC Baptist Singers & Orchestra will be having a concert in Gastonia, NC on Monday, March 7 at Unity Baptist Church. We will be taking a group to this event. Watch the bulletin for more information.
- In order to help us stay ahead with our music, we will be scheduling one Saturday bonus rehearsal for March 12, 9:30 - 11:00. We will also plan to have choir practice on Wednesday evening, March 23, at 6:30 p.m. (note earlier time) That will be the only activity that evening, as other regular activities are cancelled because of Maundy-Thursday the next night. We will plan to sing in that service as well.
- Easter Sunday is March 27. The choir will be singing at BOTH services, 8:30 and 11, on that morning. This year, we will also be joining other community churches in a special Sunrise Service at Bellingham Park on Easter Sunday morning at 6:30 a.m. Because of this special event, we will not have our normal Sunrise service or Easter morning breakfast at the church. This will hopefully also add some flexibility to the morning's schedule for many of you.
- Preschoolers, children, and their families are invited to a special concert with Randall Goodgame and "Slugs and Bugs" on Friday night, March 18. We will leave the church at 4:45p.m. A limited number of spots are available. Please sign up on the choir bulletin board.
Sue Tillett's granddaughter, Kristin Brothers
Search for Pianist
Wendy Ball’s mother
Mark Ball’s parents
Jason’s mom—Sheila Adams
Frances Parker’s son & granddaughter
Ed Herron’s aunt
Mac and Sue Crabb
Della Overcash (cancer)
Melinda’s friend Beth (ALS)
Our church—vision, finances, unity
Those serving in the military