Bath County Middle School
Friday, November 19, 2021
- Ms. Moriarity's 7th grade students are invited to attend tutoring every Wednesday after school. it starts after 5th bus bell and ends at 5:30. Parents will need to pick you up in the parking lot next to the school. Please join her if you need help in your classes. There will NOT be tutoring today. Tutoring will resume on Wednesday, December 1.
- STLP and Girls Who Code will meet next Thursday, Nov. 18. Any students still wanting to join are welcome! Please see Ms. Ballman if you have questions.
- Bath County Community Christmas Program Applications are now being taken through Christian Social Services Center. This program is for Bath County residents only. If you wish to complete an application please call the following number between 9:30 am -4:00pm Christian Social Services Center- Marcelle Doggett at 606-674-6906. Please know the sizes of your child (ren) prior to calling. Please know their wants and needs.
- Santa's Workshop will begin on November 29-December 1.
- BCMS Boys Basketball teams went down in defeat last night at home versus Nicholas County. There is no practice tonight. CAT Bash is tonight. All players are to be at the high school by 6:45 pm. and bring your uniform. . Please get the Team Reach app. It is a free download. The code to join our group is BATH. If you can not get the app, please let Coach Hunt know the best way to communicate with you.
- Congratulations to a few of our middle school football players. 7th Grade Parker Crouch, Branson Bartlett, and Logan Jones on making the 7th grade KYMFSA All Star Classic football team. 8th Grade Brooks Staton and Gabriel Jones making the 8th Grade KYMFA All Star Classic Football Team. They will play at George Rogers Clark High School on November 28, 2021.
Breakfast, Nov. 19: Breakfast Burrito, Fruit, Orange Juice, MIlk
Lunch, Nov. 19: Teriyaki Dippers w/Salsa, Fiesta Rice, Fresh Broccoli, Breadstick, Fruit, Juice, Milk
- BCMS 2022 Yearbooks are on sale now. See Mrs. Colwell in room 104 to purchase or you can buy online anytime at Balfour.com. Yearbooks are $30. Buy before December 15, to be entered into a drawing for a $25 gift card. Drawing will be on December 17.
- Notes from the Health Unit:
- Parents if your child has been fully vaccinated ( 14 days after the 2nd vaccination) then they DO not have to quarantine from school if you have been notified that they have to quarantine please advise administration of your child's fully vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination. If your student has tested positive for Covid we need to know that information as well. If you have any questions please feel free to contact the school. If you are quarantined or have tested positive you must bring documentation stating you are cleared and able to return to school.
- We are happy to announce that we are again offering student physicals through the Health Units within each school. Elementary school students can get a physical yearly and every two years for students in Middle and High school. We encourage you to take advantage of this offering. Please do not hesitate to contact your child's Health unit for further questions. We will also communicate results to you. This is FREE of charge to every student. *This is a well-child physical only, sports physicals cannot be done. If you have any questions please call 606-674-8165 EXT. 2421.
- Bath County Schools are offering Free Covid testing at each school. Testing sites will be rotating to all the different schools. In order for your child to receive a Covid-19 test at school you must have completed and signed the Consent form. To register for MAKO Covid 19 testing go to https://www.bath.kyschools.us/1/News/11088#sthash.2ctm3LI5.dpbs
- Students please remember to bring water bottles to be filled at school. The school is no longer providing bottles of water because we have a water filling station in the building.
Quote of the day: "The only way to have a friend is to be one." Ralph Waldo Emerson
The Title I program at Bath County Schools promotes the belief that all children can learn and acknowledges that parents share the school’s commitment to educational success for all students. We recognize that a student’s education is a responsibility shared by school, family, students, and community. District staff and staff within Title I schools work jointly to ensure effective involvement of parents and the success of the students in reaching high academic standards.
BATH COUNTY MIDDLE SCHOOL
Misty Johnson Principal
Justin Smallwood Assistant Principal
Shawna Voiers Counselor
Kaye Wells YSC
Missy Vincent Bookkeeper
Crystal Fields Attendance Clerk
Tracye Botts Receptionist