The DCMS Bat Signal: 2/11/19
Super me, super you, everyday heroes make dreams come true.
Good Morning Team DCMS Superheroes!
Good Monday morning to you all! The week ahead appears to be a typical one. Remember to just make one right decision at a time. Looking at what needs to be completed over the remainder of the year can be overwhelming, so refuse to engage with anxiety and instead make short term goals that are attainable. This will allow you to feel some wins along the way.
Also, our visit from the Fire Marshall was a successful one! When he left our building, we had no violations. Thank you for taking care of your rooms. A big shout out goes to Dave and Janet who walked the Fire Marshall around for the inspection and made immediate adjustments to make us compliant. Great job to all!
The PLC on Wednesday, 2/20, will be shortened by a required ILearn training put on by Morgan Walker. ALL DCMS teachers must attend at the MS for this PLC. If you normally go to DHS, please plan to stay at the MS on 2/20.
I also want you to know that you are appreciated and valued. Each of you plays a vital role in the lives of our students and our team. Thank you for giving yourself to the role daily even when it is hard. Believe in yourself. Believe in THIS team. We make a positive difference! Don't stop when an obstacle or limitation appears!
Have a wonderful week!
Brendon Buchard—”How Incredibly Successful People Think”
Motivational speaker Brendon Buchard breaks down a really simple truth about success—it’s all in your mindset. You can’t say you don’t know how to do something or don’t have what it takes. Successful people never see any limitations in going after what they dream about.
New Electronic Leave Form Process
- School Board Mtg - Monday, 2/11, @ SE in the cafe starting at 6:30 PM
- President's Day - Monday, 2/18, SCHOOL IS IN SESSION
- PTO Mtg - Monday, 2/25, @ 3:30 PM in the office conference room
- School Board Mtg - Monday, 3/11, @ SE in the cafe starting at 6:30 PM
- MS Spring Pictures with LifeTouch - Tuesday, 3/19
- Faculty Mtg - Special Presenter - Tuesday, 2/12, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- PLC - Wednesday, 2/13, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- Department Head Mtg w/Marsha - Tuesday, 2/19, @ 3:30 PM.
- ***PLC - Wednesday, 2/20, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM* This PLC will be shortened by a required ILearn training put on by Morgan Walker. ALL DCMS teachers must attend at the MS for this PLC.
- Department Mtgs - Tuesday, 2/26, @7:25 AM; locations TBD by Department Heads
- PLC - Wednesday, 2/27, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- PLC - Wednesday, 3/6, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- Faculty Mtg - Tuesday, 3/12, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- PLC - Wednesday, 3/13, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- PLC - Wednesday, 3/20, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
Marsha and Laura Tice will be out 2/27 & 2/28 at training in Bloomington. Dave will be out 3/5.
Shorts, Longs, & Coaching Observations – Expect that we will be visiting frequently and maybe even multiple times in a week.
Attendance Must Be Taken EACH Period – Attendance must be taken each period. This is not optional and cannot continue to be forgotten. At this point, this is considered a minimum performance expectation.
- Cell Phone Violations Procedures are found here at the following link. Please familiarize yourself with the process. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yo87qFzgaYYG4L5Tw6LKFdpQ7d_OHymU4UId1rL2qlI/edit?usp=sharing
- Friday School / Detention Supervisor Sign-Up – Please sign up to supervise a Friday School or Detention for the good of the school culture using the links below. Detentions will now be on Thursday AM and Thursday PM.
Detention - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xz-cAK_wEAroQymY6EMxUSFs8afMLCGJ0g0UpOcnbHY/edit?usp=sharing
About Us: Mission & Collective Commitments
We are a collaborative group of educators committed to ensuring high student achievement.
We commit to…
- Focusing on student proficiency of Indiana College & Career Readiness standards, not just coverage of material.
- Working collaboratively to benefit all students with a focus on results.
- Join forces to learn by doing on a daily basis.
- Using frequent common assessments that inform and drive our instruction.
- Providing intervention and enrichment based upon the formative data.
- Furthering a culture that uses value-added language, encourages one another, and celebrates successes.