October 12, 2018
Upcoming Dates to Remember
The week of Oct 15-19 is Book Fair! Stop by from 9am-3:30pm
Tuesday, October 16 from 4:30pm-6pm - Book Fair Family Night - Early edition
Thursday, October 18 from 6:30pm-8pm - Book Fair Family Night - Later edition :)
Monday, October 22 - Adventure Dash Fun Run!!! :
- Monday - Friday 22-26 - Red Ribbon Week! - more information to come!
- Tuesday, October 23 - GT Parent Information Night 5:30-6:30
- Wednesday, October 24 - Marcos Pizza NIght
- Friday, October 26 - Student Flu Shots
- Tuesday, October 30 - Fall Pictures
Healthy School Flu Shots for Students
There is one more chance to sign your child up for the upcoming on-campus flu shot clinic on 10/26/2018! There is no cost, but you must sign up! at cyfairisdflu.com
We are so proud to announce this week's Akers' All-Stars pictured below:
Adventure Dash Runs - Rescheduled for OCTOBER 22
We are so excited to share that our fun runs have been rescheduled for Monday, October 22 during your student's large group time! Please be aware that the runs will be MESSY! Students will be running through foam, over and under different obstacles, and color will be thrown at them. Please don't send them in their best clothes, but something that is okay to get messy in. Additionally, please send your child with a change of clothes and towel so that they can dry off, change, and have a great rest of their day!
Lunchables Lunchroom Concerts - October 10, 2018
PTO Membership Drive
How do I join?
- New members create a login with their email. They will receive an email with a link to set up an account and pay the membership fee.
- Past members can log into their existing account and update their students' information (grade and teacher) and pay the membership fee. It is very important to have the grade and teacher information correct for tracking purposes.
How much does it cost and what does the money go to?
- $10 per household
- The money raised by the PTO goes right back into the school. We will be breaking ground on the outdoor classroom in December. Our next goal is to purchase an electronic marquee, alternative seating in the classroom, additional literacy library books, and field trips.
What is my commitment?
- Although we would love to have as many people volunteer as possible, we understand that there are many that cannot give their time. There are no required volunteer activities.
Book Fair is Coming!
The Rennell Library presents... Scholastic Enchanted Forest Book Fair... October 15-18th (9:00- 3:30). Family Nights will be Oct 16 (4:30-6 pm) and Oct 18 (6:30-8 pm). Students may shop throughout the week if they show their teacher the money with a pass from their teacher. Parents may come shop with their kids during recess times as well. Let your imagination grow at the biggest and best book fair!
Health Expo 2018
Date/Time: Oct. 13, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Location: The Berry Center
This weekend is the CFISD Health Expo. You and your Redhawk can walk/jog around the top of the Berry Center Concourse and receive wristbands while exercising and being cheered on by your favorite PE Teacher. On the main floor there will be health screenings, flu shots, and vendor booths. On the stage the Redhawk Dance Team will be performing. We hope to see you there!
Dance Teams News
Returning Redhawk Dance Team members will be performing at the Berry Center this Saturday at the CFISD Health Expo at 10:15am. Dancers should arrive by 9:45, and we will meet by the stairwell inside that is closest to entrance 2.
All Redhawk dance team members will start practice next week. Mrs. Patel has decided to move the first practice from Friday, October 19th to Wednesday October 17th. She will not be at school on Friday, and didn't want to push back the starting day one more week. Thank you for your flexibility! Drop off begins at 7:50 and practice will start promptly at 8am.
We have several upcoming volunteer opportunities:
Please check the Rennell PTO Website for more info.
Help Mr Stabe with lunch concerts:
Volunteer for vision and hearing testing Oct 17 & 18
GT Open Referral
It is that time of year for the Gifted and Talented Open‐Referral Period. This year the window falls between October 1 –November 30, 2018. The HORIZONS Open-Referral Period for GT testing applies to current Cypress-Fairbanks ISD students and to transfer students arriving after the close of FALL testing.
If you are interested in having your student tested for the GT program, the Parent Survey and Permission to Test form must be completed and returned by the deadline. Forms are available below and at the front desk.
Parents may also go on the CFISD website under the Horizons Gifted and Talented tab to find more information.