Legalization of Sports Gambling
This is meant to convince you to support Sports Gambling.
The sports gambling community has raised an estimated $400 billion dollars this year. If the government hired bookies to handle government regulated gambling on sports, they could keep a percentage.
So far, the federal court has denied his decision, but he is persevering to make sports gambling legal.
He wishes to test his betting legalization on the ocean port in New Jersey.
Chris Christie Opinion
He believes sports gambling is a great way to earn profit.
Pros and Cons
Every time a gambler wins the sports bet, the government would have to pay out the desired amount. If enough people win, this could hurt the economy in a negative way. Although if there is a majority of people losing, there is a large profit margin that could be
larger than the $400 billion made last year.
- The government could use the profit to put towards education or health insurance.
- Government regulated gambling could protect citizens from theft or fraud.
- And it happens anyway, so why not regulate it so criminals do not have all of the profit.
Cons said by politicians
- It ruins the Integrity of sports
- It may mean crime, addiction and a cost to taxpayers