Basic First Aid Info
- Cut or Scrape: If there is bleeding, quickly press it with a clean cloth until it stops bleeding. Rinse the wound with water and soap, then apply antibiotic ointment and put a bandage over it.
- Burn: Immediately hold it under cool water until the pain is gone. Cover any blisters with a loose bandage, and call the doctor if it looks serious.
- Nose Bleed: Don't tilt your child's head back. Pinch the lower end of your child's nose, and have them lean forward while you apply pressure for 5-10 minutes.
- Splinter or Glass: Clean around the splinter with soap and water. Use a pair of clean tweezers to pull the splinter out, then wash the skin again. If you can't easily remove glass shards, go to the ER.
- If you want to use an ice pack to help your child recover, make sure it isn't too cold for your child. In order to make the ice pack less cold, wrap it in a towel.