AP Env. Science B Course Resources
Module 8: Plate Tectonics, Natural Resources, and Management
The resources in this newsletter are in addition to those found in MODULE 8: Plate Tectonics, Natural Resources, and Management of your course content. You should first go through the content and complete the quizzes and activities. These resources are to supplement your understanding of the concepts. Please contact me if you have questions!
ASSIGNMENT RESOURCES AND TIPS
EXTRA CREDIT: The Lorax
- The handout for this assignment can be found on page 3 of the module.
- You will need to either read the book, "The Lorax" by Dr. Seuss, or watch the television special from 1972. The more recent 2012 version varies too much from the original book for this assignment.
DISCUSSION: Natural Resources Committee Email
- Use this RUBRIC to help you write a discussion posting that will earn full points.
- Make sure when you respond to your classmates that you post AT LEAST a 2-3 sentence response. "I agree with..." or "I disagree with..." is not enough to earn full points for a response. You must say why you agree or disagree and back up your reasoning.
- The website for this discussion prompt can be found on page 4 of the module.
- This resource found on page 4 might also help you compose your "email".
QUIZ: Plate Tectonics
- Complete THIS self-assessment BEFORE you take the quiz.
- Label the following:
- 2 converging boundaries
- 2 diverging boundaries
- areas with high volcanic activity
- areas with high seismic activity
- 1 area where seafloor spreading is most likely occurring
- View this video (drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Wp__K2WhueR0xncmNLUnpWM3c/view) if you need help completing the map.
FRQ: Plate Tectonics
- To receive full credit for the free response question, you will need to show all steps necessary to explain how the answer was found.
- The College Board used to offer 11 possible points for each FRQ, but a student can never earn more than 10 points on an FRQ. So your FRQs will be graded out of 10 points.
- Watch these videos for help answering FRQs: FRQ Tips and Tricks Part 1, FRQ Tips and Tricks Part 2
- FRQs may NOT be resubmitted for a higher grade.
TEST: Mineral and Energy Resources
- Do not begin your test until you have completed all self-assessments, assignments, and the review items and feel confident in your understanding of this material.
- This test covers the following topics (not an exhaustive list):
- Natural Resources
- Plate Tectonics