Mount Holly Elementary School
One Team, One Dream…Weekly Update September 14-18
- Progress Reports should go home Wednesday in folders.
- Students should be reading books or magazines as they are sitting in the hallways each morning. They can read and talk with a partner about they books they are reading. If you need help with books or magazines, let Mrs. Holle know.
- Guided Reading should be taking place. There is no substitute for guided reading. If you need assistance forming your groups, please let Mrs. Simpson know.
- Math workshop should include problematic task. Mrs. Bevilacqua will work with Kindergarten, 1st, and 3rd grades and Mrs. Bigger will work with 2nd, 4th, and 5th grades to ensure we are incorporating math workshop as it is intended.
- The DOK wheel should be used in instruction and when creating common formative and summative assessments.
- Lucy Calkins' Units of Study should be used for writing instruction.
- How are we integrating across the areas including Special Areas, Instructional Specialist, and Classroom Teachers? It is time for us to have some conversations regarding this question. Be thinking about how each of the areas can support one another
Think About It...
Mindset is Everything. Think BIG!
Monday, September 14
- Kindergarten Parent Night-5:30
- GT Parent Night-6:15
- Girl Scouts Night-7:00
Tuesday, September 15
- Fall Fundraiser Kick-off (K, 2nd, 4th-8:15 and 1st, 3rd, 5th-9:00)
- Book Study-2:45 (Read Chapter 3 and complete quiz in Canvas)
Wednesday, September 16
- Second Grade Guest Speaker-1:15
Thursday, September 17
- Rob Buyea Author Visit (5th grade)
Friday, September 18
- Mustang Round-Up News Due to Dr. Barnes in a Word Document
- Book Fair-September 21-25
- Dental Van
- See you at the Pole-7:15 (Mrs. Sloan will send you details)
- Terrific Kid Write-Ups Due to Mrs. Neal
- Child Study
- Grandparent's Lunch (Modified Lunch Schedule)