Welcome to the 18-19 school year
Beckman counseling mission statement
Your child's counselor
Mrs. Charles 9th grade Counselor
Mr. Schmidt A-F (10th-12th grades)
Mrs. Farrell G-Lee (10th-12th grades)
Mrs. Rogers Leg-Ra (10th-12th grades)
Ms. Arellano Int’l Students and Student Support
Mr. Guzik Re-Z (10th-12th grades)
Ms. Rosas Career Specialist, Naviance and ROP
Counseling Haiku Pages
Need immediate information related to academics or college & career?
Check out our grade-level Haiku pages linked below.
We are excited to continue our series of Wellness Wednesdays and Lunch and Learns for our students, along with Parent Wellness Workshops. The workshops focus on providing useful tips on various mental health & wellness topics. Workshops are FREE & conveniently arranged on late starts and lunch for students, & in the evening for parents.
Click here for a list of workshops.
- BCAP dates & college application process information is on the 12th Gr Haiku page.
- See which colleges are visiting and then sign up through Naviance.
- The mytusd email is the counseling office's main form of communication regarding scholarships, colleges visiting Beckman, graduation, etc. so be sure to check it weekly.
- The counselors will be meeting with seniors in Gov/Econ classes 9/10-14 to go over graduation requirements.
- B Prepared Grade 12 will take place on September 17th at 6:30 pm in the PAC.
- B Prepared for College Grades 10 & 11,sponsored by Ed Fund, will take place October 3, at 6:30 p.m. in the Beckman PAC.
- Oct 10th PSAT/College Day: All 11th graders will take the PSAT free of charge.
- Visit the Counseling Haiku page for important updates & advice on how to make the most of sophomore year.
- School engagement is important. Encourage your student to attend a game, go to a dance or join a club. Better yet, start a club!
- Once settled into classes, students should make an appointment to talk to their counselor about future plans.
- Make a plan to check Aeries regularly; know what is assigned and due.
- On August 3rd, freshmen attended an orientation hosted by Link Cru. Students participated in group activities to explore their strengths, get to know others, & build relationships & school spirit.
- Mark your calendars to attend the Ed Fund sponsored 9th grade B Prepared for High School Night on September 20th at 6:30 pm in the Performing Arts Center (PAC).
- Get off on the right foot by reading through the 9th Grade Haiku Page.
9/10-14 Senior Meetings for students
9/17 Senior B Prepared Night 6:30 pm
9/20 Freshman B Prepared Night 6:30 pm
9/26 What is Mental Health? 6: 15 pm
This is just a reminder about the final day to make any schedule changes. District policy states that students wishing to make a course change have until the fourth Friday of the semester to request the change. This year, the last date to make such a request falls on September 7th. Keep in mind that changes can only be made if space permits. Also, we will not grant teacher change requests. Students wishing to make a change will need to complete an Add/Drop form and turn it in to the counseling office by Friday September 7th at 3pm.