The Beautiful Colony of Georgia!
By: Katie Wallace
Founding and Naming of Georgia
- Georgia was founded in 1732 by James Ogelthorpe and other colonists.
- Georgia was also named after King George ll of England, because in the terms of the charter granted by the king, the king stated that the colony was to be named after him.
Information About Georgia
- Georgia is a southern colony, and the warm climate makes it possible to grow crops throughout the year and to have large plantations for . Because crops are easily grown, trade is very important. Many agricultural products are also exported to other colonies including tobacco, cotton, corn, vegetables, grain, fruit, and also livestock.
- Georgia also serves as buffer colony to protect the Carolinas from the French, Spanish, and Indians.
- Religion in the colonies are extremely diverse; there is no dominant religion in Georgia, which gives religious freedom for all.
- Georgia is a Royal Colony.
Why Should YOU Move to Georgia?!
Georgia is the perfect place to live because of it's fertile soil and natural resources that it provides. If you moved to Georgia, you are almost guaranteed to be a successful plantation owner who makes a lot of money and who could also provide for his family. Georgia is also the perfect place to move because of its warm summers and cool winters! These are just a few reasons why moving to Georgia would be the best choice you could make!!