Family Bulletin for August 24, 2023
News for August 24, 2023
RAHS Families -
As I sit in my office to write this email there is a long line forming for the state fair bus outside my window, we've just finished our first open house, and the humidity in the air has been high - these are all signs that the start of the school year is right around the corner! All staff return to RAHS on Monday and we'll be busy putting together final preparations for the start of the school year. There is one more opportunity for Open House on Monday, August 28 from 3 to 7 p.m. Enjoy the rest of the summer with your students at home!
Dr. Jen Wilson
- August 28 - Back To School Open House from 3:00–7:00 p.m.
- September 5 - First Day of School for Grade 9 and all new students
- September 6 - First Day of School for Grades 10, 11 & 12 ** Reminder Weds. is a LATE start - classes begin at 9 a.m.
Open House - if you didn't already attend:
Open house gives students and families the opportunity to tour the building, take their picture, get a locker, etc. Click on this link to see the full plan for open house!
Monday August 28, 2022
3:00pm-7:00pm (Dr. Wilson’s presentation at 6:00pm)
Lifetouch will be taking student pictures - it is important to have students take their pictures for student IDs and yearbooks.
Most teachers will be present at this Open House so you will be able to tour and meet your teacher!
Returning students kept their school-issued iPads last summer. If you are in need of repairs, please contact Jamie Crandall. New students can get their school-issued iPads in the Media Center during orientation.
Payments for fines and fees can be done on EduTrakConnect (formerly SmartSchoolK12) at https://lobby.wordwareinc.com/.
Student Health and Emergency Forms- there will be a table to update contact information at orientation.
Students receiving Special Education Services
On your students’ schedule you will see the name and classroom location of your students’ case manager. This is the person who will be your point of contact at RAHS for all your questions regarding their IEP. These teachers will be back at work the week of August 28 and will be reaching out to you that week!
RAHS phone number is 651-635-1660. You will get a menu to select the activities office, counselors office, or the main office. Reach out if you have questions!
If you are looking to contact a specific staff member use their staff email with the following format: firstname.lastname@example.org
A comprehensive list of all staff will be available before the start of the school year.
All student passwords were reset on Monday, August 7.
Starting on Monday Aug 7, the format of your password will be:
Your Student ID # + Birth month + birth date (StudentID#MMDD).
Example: 1234561025 (where student ID = 123456 and birthday = Oct 25)
Students may change their default pre-set password once they are back at school on ISD623 wifi using the password reset link at www.isd623.org/students.
There is no student supply list. We encourage students to have a planner, writing utensils (pencils or pens), notebooks and folders/binder. Specific required materials will be communicated with your student by individual teachers.
Students Leaving School During the School Day
Please remember that if your child is not feeling well during the school day, they must go through the Health Office. The Health Office needs to contact you for permission and write your child a pass to leave. If your child needs to leave for a planned appointment, the attendance office will give them a pass. Leaving the building without a pass from the health office or the attendance office will result in an unexcused absence.
Absences, Late Arrival, and/or Early Release
When it is impossible for a student to be in class, the school will accept excuses for illness, family emergency, sanctioned school activities and individual needs as determined by the administration. The parent or guardian must notify the school to report an absence the following ways:
- ParentVue: Parents/Guardians can notify the school that their student will be absent through ParentVue for a full day absence only.
- Email: Parents/Guardians can email information regarding absences or early release through our email address: email@example.com. Please include your full name, the student’s full name, the date/time student will be absent, and the reason.
- Note or Phone Call: Parents/Guardians may also still send a handwritten note or call the Attendance Hotline (24/7) 651-604-1465
RAHS Student Parking
RAHS Student Parking - click to learn more!
SPACES ARE LIMITED and are sold on a first come first serve basis.
Parking Permits are now available online through our RAHS online E-STORE. Students will need a parking permit if they plan to drive to school and park in the lot.
Permits can be purchased through https://roseville.epaytrak.com/RAHS-Parking-Permits-C327.aspx Clicking this link will give you the permit options (Trimester or Yearly) and the prompts for vehicle registration. You will be required to set up an account if you do not already have one. You will need: Your student’s ID number and date of birth. If you need help, instructions can be found at https://www.isd623.org/services/pay-online
Purchases will not be complete until payment is received, and a vehicle information (Make/Model/Year) form is complete.
Permits will be available for purchase during Open House on August 28th from 3pm-7pm. NO CASH or CHECKS will be accepted. We will have electronic devices available for you, to make an electronic payment, during both Open House sessions.
Here are the prices for each permit with tax:
Yearly Permit: $208.40
Trimester Permit: $69.36
PSEO students are required to have a parking permit if they are driving to school. There are rates for both full year and Trimester parking. Please email us directly at CELINA.PRICE@isd623.org if you need to purchase a PSEO permit. We will bill you directly through your account.
Once the payment is completed, students will be able to pick up their permits during all four lunches during school. Permits will be issued on September 5th through September 15th.
Parking lot violations will be enforced starting Monday, September 18th.
Students who receive parking permits must observe the following rules. Violation of any of these rules and/or school rules may result in the forfeiture of the parking permit. There are no refunds.
- Student parking is only allowed in designated student spaces. These spaces are painted blue in the upper lot to indicate student parking. Staff parking spaces are painted white in the upper lot. Students who park in the staff spaces or other non-designated areas may have their cars ticketed, booted or towed at their own expense.
- All students driving to school must have their valid parking permit affixed to the vehicle. Vehicles without a permit may be ticketed, booted or towed at their own expense.
- The school does not carry liability insurance to cover damage or theft of student, staff, or visitor’s vehicles and/or contents.
- Any unreasonable speed or reckless driving on or near school premises may be reported to the police liaison officer and will likely result in the suspension of parking privileges.
- Students are not to loiter in the parking lot or be in their vehicles during school hours.
- The parking permit cannot be transferred or sold to anyone else.
- Please Park responsibly! Vehicles taking up multiple parking spaces may be ticketed, booted or towed at their own expense.
Parents/Legal Guardians: Please encourage your student/s to familiarize themselves with the RAHS parking regulations to minimize ticketing and ensure available staff parking space. The upper lot is a shared space between staff and students- student parking spaces are outlined in blue, and staff spaces are outlined in white. As always, the lower two lots are fully available for student use.
If all of your RAHS students have graduated, simply click unsubscribe at the bottom of this email. To re-subscribe in the future, use the link on the RAHS website under "stay connected".