IN THE MIDDLE
January 4, 2016
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
Monday, January 4
- School Resumes
Tuesday, January 5
- PTSA Meeting, Media Center @ 5:30 pm
Friday, January 8
- Spirit Day - Wear Your Maroon and Gold
Tuesday, January 12
- High School Orientation for 8th Grade Students, MHS @ 6:30 pm
Monday, January 18
- 1/2 Day Dismissal (MLK, Jr. Day) @ 11:45 am
- BOE Meeting @ Ackerson, 6:30 pm
Friday, January 22
- Spirit Day - Decade Day
Friday, January 29
- 1/2 Day Dismissal, 11:45 am
- End of the 2nd Marking Period / End of the 1st Semester
- PTSA Fun Night, 5th / 6th Grade: 5 - 6:30 pm AND 7th / 8th Grade: 7 - 8:30 pm
A MINUTE WITH MRS. MAYES
Welcome Back! I hope that your family had a joyous and restful winter break. It's good to be back into the routine. =)
Middle School Drive - When leaving the middle school via Main Street, please be extra cautious and watch for students who may be crossing the driveway on foot. Sometimes it is tricky to see kids who are approaching the school from the west, especially in the mornings. I encourage you to pass along this reminder to anyone who may be picking up your child (older siblings, grandparents, etc.). Thank you for being safety-minded and watching out for all of our children.
Attention 8th Grade Families
The Manchester High School is holding an 8th Grade Scheduling Information Night on January 12th, 2015 at 6:30 PM. We formerly called this night "Freshmen Orientation." Freshmen elective teachers will review their classes with you, so your student is well-informed when he/she takes the student interest survey in late January.
All freshmen parents/guardians should plan to attend with their students. Tours will be available after the presentations.
Please email Dr. Kevin Mowrer with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
The faculty and staff at MHS look forward to meeting you and your student.
- Text alerts are available through Remind. TEXT @mms5678 to 81010
- Weekly classroom assignment charts are listed below, or you can also find them under the middle school's "Parents & Students" tab.
MIDDLE SCHOOL CLUBS / ATHLETICS
- Builders Club meets this month on January 12th and 26th.
Manchester Middle School
Educational Excellence in a Caring Community
Manchester students are provided the stepping stones for success.
To provide a secure, challenging learning environment which will empower all students to achieve their greatest potential. The MMS team joins the parents and community to assist students in developing skills necessary to become successful, responsible, contributing citizens.