Healthy Castles Essential Oils
Happy Families. Healthy Homes. Intentional Living.
September 2015 Newletter
My kids head back to school tomorrow, and we've been busy preparing for all that the school year brings including waking to an alarm clock (which we've rarely done all summer!), and planning ahead with lunches and backpacks. I'm very lucky that I have three kids who are eagerly looking forward to seeing their friends and even the routine of school days. Their mama, on the other hand is still grieving summer... yet, I also work as an Occupational Therapist at a school that also begins tomorrow, so this calls for a Mood Makeover, pronto.
Maintaining a positive outlook and attitude can be challenging at times. Life is just plain stressful, and yet there really is so much that we can do help overcome these overwhelming feelings.
Here are my top 7 ways to boost my mood naturally:
1. Get a good night's sleep
2. Make sunshine a part of your day
3. Move your body in a way that is enjoyable to you
4. Eat healthy food options
5. Do something nice for others
6. Express gratitude daily (I keep a journal)
7. Use essential oils daily
Makeover Your Mood Oil Cheatsheet:
Diffuse Cedarwood or Calming Blend to relax the mind and promote peace.
Rub Grounding Blend to the bottoms of feet to calm emotions, or put a few drops of Ylang Ylang in epsom salt for a relaxing bath.
Use a drop of Frankincense under the tongue to relax and balance mood swings, or diffuse Vetiver with Lavender to help calm stress.
Restless/Lack of Concentration:
Apply the Focus Blend to the temples and back of neck to enhance concentration.
Diffuse Bergamot or Invigorating Blend during high stress times.
Peppermint WITH: (Pick one citrus oil) Grapefruit/Lemon/Lime/Orange to energize the mind and body by placing one to two drops of each in the palm of your hand, rub palms together and inhale deeply.
Diffuse Joyful Blend and/or Frankincense in the mornings to start the day with a positive, uplifted mood.
Mood Boosting Diffuser Blends:
3 drops Vetiver
3 drops Lavender
3 drops Sandalwood
2 drops Ylang Ylang
3 drops Patchouli
2 drops White Fir
2 drops Lavender
5 drops Frankincense
5 drops Peppermint
5 drops Wild Orange
In health & happiness,
**PS- Stay tuned for a super special announcement about my One Day "Create Your Soulful Life" Retreat in the Twin Cities to help keep those feelings of peace and grounding going, in your inbox later today!
A personal favorite way to unwind at the end of the day...
Can I send you a full-size bottle of one of my favorite oils??
Have you seen the new Athlete's Kit?
- Get a 15ml Clove as the free Product of the Month for September (Helps to clean the teeth and gums while promoting fresh breath. • Clove essential oil contains powerful antioxidant properties. • During the Fall and Winter season, diffuse three drops Clove, two drops Cinnamon, and one drop Wild Orange for an invigorating scent. • Place two to three drops in a dōTERRA Veggie Cap and take internally to support cardiovascular health. • Naturally repels insects. ) with your Loyalty Rewards Order before the 15th. *Contact me if you are unsure how to do this.
- Black Pepper is 10% off this month.
- Host a class in September or October (NEW- Facebook classes are now available!!) and earn one of 4 all new diffusers when you have 5 or more friends or family attend, as well as 10% back in oils from your total class volume.