March 11th, 2013
Worksheets, Copiers, Printers....OH MY!
BSE Copy/Printing Totals:
Total/Average 2,057,096 black and white
Color Pages - 9,305 (Not an accurate # due to missing two other machines totals.)
Total per Student - 2,423 sheets
Total days of school -180
Total sheets per kid per day - 13
Total Cost - $18,051.01 (low estimate)
Check This Out! Authentic Displays of Learning - Collaborative Discovery
Will Richardson - Author of Why School? (Does your worksheet do "magic.")
"I don’t know about you, but as a parent, I’d much rather see this kind of work (citing project based learning or inquiry projects) than the paper that comes home in the Friday Folder (or the Friday backpack). I’d rather know that my kids were creating something of meaning, value, and I hope, beauty for people other than just their teachers, and that those creations had the opportunity to live in the world. That they were thinking hard about audience. That they were learning how to network and collaborate with others. That they were developing “proficiency with the tools of technology,” learning to “design and share information for global communities to meet a variety of purposes,” and becoming literate in the process. "
Want to read more, let me know and you can borrow my iPad. Check out this great ebook from TED Books. You can find this title, and the entire TED Books lineup, at ted.com/tedbooks.
- EVAL Long this week: Siwik, Lansdell, Mizen, and Mulvaney
- Today: ISTEP make up and Kaminski Out 9:30-11AM
- 3/12/13: RTI K/1 8AM - REACH Team Meet 8AM - DK Admin 9:45AM - PLP 4PM
- 3/13/13: IREAD teacher Meet 8AM - ISTEP make up - 4th Greek Show 5:30PM
- 3/14/13: Sped Team 11AM - 3rd Grade Team 4PM
- 3/15/13: Kinder Team 8AM - IREAD 3 STARTS - Movie night PNO
- Eval Long this week: Swearingen and Kussy
- 3/18/13: IREAD 3 - BSE Discussions 4PM
- 3/19/13: IREAD 3 - RTI 2nd grade 8AM - PLP 4PM
- 3/20/13: Staff Meeting - Dr. Smith - LGI 8AM - Coffee and food provided
- 3/21/13: 2nd Grade Team Meet 8AM - Young Audiences (check outlook) - 1st Grade Dr. Seuss
- 3/22/13: Jeans and spirit gear
Cogat, IOWA, ISTEP, ISTEP Pilot II, IREAD 3....TESTING MACHINE!
As we come up on the last quarter let us be reminded of our essential questions:
- What is it we want our students to know?
- How will we know if they are learning?
- How will we respond when individual student do not learn?
- How will we enrich and extend the learning for students who are proficient?