Site-Based PLP Training
ClassFlow by Promethean - Monday, March 30
ClassFlow is a web-based teaching tool. You can upload flipcharts that you already use. ClassFlow allows you to send the flipchart lessons to student iPads where the each student is able to interact with the page at the same time. ClassFlow also allows you to assess your students. Come check out the newest teacher tool by Promethean.
Kahoot! - Monday, April 20
Kahoot! is fun, fast paced and engaging. Kahoot! is an online gaming site that allows you to create your own review games or informal assessments. Kahoot! would be a fun and engaging way to review for SOL tests.
Do You Need a Brain Break?
Taking Care of Our Equipment
Procedures & Policies for Using School Equipment
- Check out all equipment BEFORE using it. The Equipment Checkout Calendars are on the Teacher Portal.
- Once you are finished, return equipment carts to their "home" classroom. This information is on the Equipment Checkout Calendars.
- NEVER pull a laptop off a cart wtihout signing it out. We have to know where each and every laptop is at all times.
- All laptops must be returned to the cart and plugged in.
- Please keep laptop carts neat and organized. It's not fair to leave a messy cart for the next class to have to fix.
- iPad carts MUST be returned to the LMC at the end of the day. They can not stay in classrooms over night for security reasons.
Using Social Media to Connect & Share Resources
Technology at the Beach Facebook Page
@TechatBeach Instagram account
SOL Training Plan for Teachers & Students in Grades 3-5
It's time to begin to prepare for SOL Online Testing. In the Winter issue of my newsletter, I shared the student and teacher training schedule. I wanted to share it once more to be sure everyone is familiar with the schedule and what teachers and students need to do. Please review the schedule (link below) and familiarize yourself with the tasks. I'll be glad to answer questions or review TestNav with any teacher.