floods strikes uttarakhand 2013 :'(
death minimun rate : 5,500 people
Due to heavy rainfall in Chorabari Glacier & this triggered the flooding of the Mandakini river. Led to heavy clouds in Gobindghat, Kedar Dome, Rudraprayag district in uttarakhand.
2) Man Made reason
- tourism growth
- rapid increase of roads, hotels, shops, multistory housing in ecologically fragile area's
- unplanned construction
- rapid growth of hydroelectricity
- Helicopters for rescue
- ITBP jawans medicine distribution
- Food distribution in the IAF base camps
- Naval drivers sent by the Navy, Army deployed 10,000 soldiers, Air Force deployed 43 aircraft's & 26 helicopters
* Uttar Pradesh government : 25 crore
* Delhi,Haryana,Maharastra : 10 crore
* Tamil Nadu, Odisha, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh,Chattisgrah : 5 crore each.