How to Become a U.S. Citizen
By: Emily Boyd & Christina Chavez
- 18 or older
- Have a "Green Card" for at least 5 years.
- Permenent resident for 5 years then immediately before you date your file Form N-400
- Prove you have been physically in the U.S. for at least 30 months out of those 5 years
- Prove that you have lived for at 3 months in the state where you applied
- Have good moral an character
- Show an attachment to the principles of the U.S. Constution
- Be able to read,write, and speak English
- Have basic understanding of U.S. History
- Take the Oath of Allegiance
Steps to Naturalization
- Are you a U.S. citizen already?
- Are you eligible to become a U.S. citizen?
- Prepare Form N-400.
- Submit filled-out form N-400.
- If you are accepted, go to the biometrics appointment.
- Complete the interview.
- A decision should come in from the USCIS on your N-400 Form.
- If you were accepted, you should receive a notice to take Oath of Allegiance.
- Take the Oath of Allegiance to the United States.
- Understand U.S. citizenship.
The form you have to fill out to become a citizen of the United States of America.
Pledge of Allegiance
Our country's pledge.
Our first president of the United States of America.