This week in Room 300...
We are excited to finally have a full week back at school! This week we will be working hard to finish learning our teen numbers and letter sounds J and K. We have 3 new sight words this week: me, she, we. Today (Monday) was our Pajama Day for National Young Readers week, and we loved snuggling up with our books in our pajamas! It was a great way to start off the week! :) Coming up this week, we have more fun activities for Readers Week such as another teacher coming to read to our class while I go read to their class, completing reading activities during related arts, and much more! This Friday is our Award's day for this first nine weeks. It is a short pep rally at the end of the day that honors all students, and then Mr. Lesley gives out awards to specific students. This will happen EVERY nine weeks, so if your child does not get an award this quarter please remember that they will have 3 more chances to do so. We only give out about 10 awards each quarter, and we have 28 children in our class. We would give them each one every 9 weeks if we could! :)
A big thank you goes out to our room moms and all of the parents who came to help or sent treats in for our Halloween party! The kids had a blast making the crafts and eating the yummy treats!! We really appreciate all of your help and hard work! :)
This Friday, November 14th is picture make-up day. If you would like your child to make-up their picture, please let us know. You will receive their fall picture samples tomorrow in their folder for you to review. If your child was not present for picture day, they will have to make them up on Friday.
- Please be sure to follow the new car line guidelines in the morning AND in the afternoon to reduce traffic on Highway 8
- Send November snack money if you have not already (11.00)
- Please take work out of the back of your child's folder under in the "Leave at Home" pocket to make space for more work the following day
- Sign your child's homework and behavior sheet every night
- Students need to wear sneakers on Fridays for PE
- Continue to send a light jacket on cool mornings in case it is cool at recess