King Ranch In Texas

Kim Herrera 3rd Period

Begining of King Ranch

Richard King and Mifflin Kenedy, were partners in the steamboat indrustry. King bought Santa Gertrudis, an old spanish land grant of 15,500 acres of land. This soon became the King Ranch. Cattle were mutipling and where slaughtered for meat and skins.

King Ranch Imprint

In 1885 King died, but his ranch didn't it contained 614,000 acres of land and tens of thousands of cattles, horses, mules, and sheep. Kings sone in-law expanded the land more than 1million acres and had 100,000 head of livestock. Soon after the natives were pushed out people started there own ranches.