The Rebel Crier
October 14, 2022
In this Issue
- Spectator Code of Conduct Reminder
- Washington, DC trip for Juniors
- Homecoming Information
- Media Club (Scholarship Opportunity!)
- Senior Class Store
- Student Council Trick or Treat
Spectator Code of Conduct Reminder
We want to be sure that all spectators understand the expectations, so that we can have an energetic, family-friendly, respectful atmosphere at our events.
Part of the spectator code is that our students are expected to follow the NFHS Conduct Code at events. That code prohibits "Obscene, Vulgar, Abusive, Inflammatory or Disrespectful Language, Gestures or Attire, Name-Calling, or Teasing" toward students and adults, which includes players, officials, peers, school staff, volunteers, and other fans.
Be sure that you and your students follow these expectations so all fans, players, officials and staff have a positive experience cheering on the Rebels!
Washington, D.C. Trip for Juniors Is Back!
Students get to experience highlights such as a tour of the Capitol, Arlington National Cemetary, museums, and more with their classmates.
More information to come soon to your email, but here is what Class of 2024 families need to know now:
- Trip will cost $475 total, first $75 deposit due October 31
- Students must be academically eligible (not failing multiple classes)
- Students must meet school behavioral expectations (no suspensions from time of paid deposit through the time of the trip)
Be on the lookout for more details from our trip advisors Mrs. Gephart and Mr. Garofola!
Senior Class Store Open Until 12/1
Important Upcoming Dates
- Wednesday, 10/19 - Data Day- Early dismissal for students-10:50am
- Friday, 10/21 - Hall decorating for spirit week (after school)
- Monday 10/24 - Friday 10/311- Spirit Week & Halloween
- Thursday, 10/27: Volley For a Cure- NFHS Gym
- Friday 10/28 - Homecoming Football Game / Homecoming Dance
- Friday, 11/4 - Q1 Ends
News Worth Repeating
The CHET Dream Big! Competition
The Dream Big! Competition is an exciting program offered by Connecticut’s Office of the Treasurer (OTT). The competition gives Connecticut parents and guardians the opportunity to win money toward their child’s future education. This year’s competition features more prizes than before, including three grand prizes of $25,000.
PTO Decal Fundraiser
The New Fairfield High School PTO is offering decals for your cars that can show off your NF pride along with the graduating year of your kids! See the flier linked below. Please note they can be customized for an extra charge. Any and all questions can be sent directly to the PTO email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not forget to join the NFHS PTO if you haven't already done so.
Thank you for your continued support! Our membership form is attached but if you should have trouble retrieving it, we have copies in the HS Main office for your convenience.
Yearbooks On Sale Now!
Yearbook sales have begun!
(Deadline is January 27, 2023)
Order yours today!
This is a special alumni edition that will include dedications to every single grade since 1976.
- Personal ads are also open for senior parents to dedicate messages with photos to their child.
- 1/4 page ad. $75.00 ( 4 1/4" x 5 1/2")
- 1/2 page ad. $150.00 (8 1/2 x 5 1/2")
- Purchase a Personal Ad ( deadline is December 31, 2022)
*If you are a graduate of New Fairfield High School and own a business in town or a surrounding town, please email me, Karyn Randlett. I am collecting a list of alumni with local businesses for a special AD section of the yearbook. email@example.com.